Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refusing to hire gay people
Refusing to hire gay people
Looks life after hobby lobby in the US some groups want to able to legally refuse to hire homosexuals. These bastards just never quit don't they?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014...gbt-peopl/
Quote:Following the recent Hobby Lobby ruling, a group of religious leaders wrote a letter to President Obama on Tuesday asking to be exempt from a pending executive order that would prohibit federal contractors from discriminating against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in hiring practices, reported The Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...ma/373853/

Quote:This week, in the Hobby Lobby case, the Supreme Court ruled that a religious employer could not be required to provide employees with certain types of contraception. That decision is beginning to reverberate: A group of faith leaders is urging the Obama administration to include a religious exemption in a forthcoming LGBT anti-discrimination action.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Refusing to hire gay people
Can I refuse to hire Christians?
As long as they are consistent, and also don't hire those wearing mixed fabrics, shrimp eaters, women who try to instruct men in religious matters, and divorced an remarried people I think they have a right.

If they are another bunch of goddamn Bible verse cherry pickers Fuck them in the ass.
(July 11, 2014 at 3:08 pm)Blackout Wrote: These bastards just never quit don't they?

No. No they don't. They're afraid the gay will rub off on them.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 11, 2014 at 3:08 pm)Blackout Wrote: Looks life after hobby lobby in the US some groups want to able to legally refuse to hire homosexuals. These bastards just never quit don't they?

Gee, who could have seen this one coming.

The flood gates are now open. And it won't stop here. Anything law or regulation can be now nullified as long as it's in accordance with a "sincerely held religious belief".

We might as well ask all businesses, "which laws do you feel should apply to you and which ones should not?"

Or is the U.S. government going to get into the business of deciding what religions are legitimate (established, if you prefer) and which ones are not?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:Or is the U.S. government going to get into the business of deciding what religions are legitimate (established, if you prefer) and which ones are not?

By a matter of coherence and equality, either you don't favor a specific religion or you favor all of them, if Christians can be conscious objectors so can people who profess different religions. This should be the general rule, but since I'm not American I may be wrong. At least in Europe objections of conscience are valid for all religions, not only for Christianity even if it is the predominant religion.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

We need a bunch of Aztecs to demand the right to chop off heads and toss them down the side of a pyramid.

I can think of 5 supreme court asswipes they can start with.
Is this the part where I'm supposed to pretend to be surprised that shit rolls down a slippery slope? Um, yeah, I didn't see this coming. Fuck the corporate whore majority on the Supreme Court. And double fuck these religious "leaders" -- despicable twats, every one of them!
(July 11, 2014 at 4:29 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: The flood gates are now open. And it won't stop here. Anything law or regulation can be now nullified as long as it's in accordance with a "sincerely held religious belief".

They also have completely broken down the "Corporate Veil", can't wait to see what they do when their own case law is used to start incarcerating corporate officers in mass. If Rick Scott was running Columbia/HCA under this ruling, a smart prosecutor would have put him under the prison.
Quote:He resigned as Chief Executive of Columbia/HCA in 1997 amid a controversy over the company's business and Medicare billing practices; the company ultimately admitted to fourteen felonies and agreed to pay the federal government over $600 million, which was the largest fraud settlement in US history; Scott however was not implicated and no charges were raised against him personally.[3][4][5][6][7] Scott later became a venture capitalist.

This shit works both ways.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Federal contractors? Fuck em. They're the ones who decided to go on the government dole. Welfare queens - whining and bitching about the rules. Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 5020 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Detroit EMS worker fired for refusing CPR on a baby c172 1 982 June 26, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws. Foxaèr 1 1274 May 10, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: robvalue