Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
China treating Uighur Muslims like Tibetans?
China treating Uighur Muslims like Tibetans?
Someone asked how China treats their Muslims. I'm not sure, maybe someone can clarify, but it seems they are treating them like Tibetans.

Devious and cunning as the Chinese leadership is, there is a slow demographic invasion of Chinese into Uighur territory, along with increasing crackdown on the local's freedoms. The Chinese are patient and cunning, and like to go under the radar. Their goal is to annex and control the territory, without making international headlines like Putin does.

I have little sympathy for Islam, but I have less sympathy for imperialist China. With the US in decline, retreat and economic suicide, China will be free to take whatever they want. Indeed they're already stealing islands off Japan, the Philippines and Vietnam. Religion is not the root of all evil, power and greed is the motivation behind China's actions.
Quote:China's Uighurs claim cultural 'genocide'
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion...24857.html

In order to control the "New Territory", China ruthlessly suppressed any sign of Uighur unrest and transferred millions of loyal Chinese settlers into East Turkestan, providing them with jobs, housing, bank loans and economic opportunities denied to Uighurs...

The Uighur resentment toward Chinese rule comes from their loss of independence, failure to master and change their political destiny, and the sense of being overwhelmed by millions of Chinese settlers, who threaten their very existence as an historic, sovereign, and indigenous majority in their homeland of East Turkestan...

Cultural 'genocide'

Uighur resentment toward Chinese rule was further reinforced by China's current policies of cultural "genocide" on Uighur identity, culture, religious beliefs and practices, in addition to Chinese soldiers' extrajudicial and indiscriminate killings of Uighur men, women and children.

The Uighurs feel powerless to defend their historic homeland, their way of life, identity, culture, language and religion from Beijing's ever-intensifying onslaught and Chinese settlers appropriating everything that once belonged rightfully to them...

The Uighur people, just like the Tibetans, will simply continue to reject China's colonial and apartheid rule in their homeland in the 21st century.
RE: China treating Uighur Muslims like Tibetans?
China will destroy all people who are considered a threat to their current regime, the uighur muslims is just another example. The chinese aren't very fond of religion anyway
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

And yet, if China intervened in a foreign war on the side of Muslims (vs. anyone else) I bet they suffer reprisals anyhow. Either for backing the wrong Muslim sect, or not backing the right one with sufficient vigor, or appearing to be weak by throwing in their support (as tribute?) and inadvertently appearing even more amenable to coercion via terrorism.

(I don't have anything against Uighurs, BTW, never heard of them till a couple years ago, but wariness inre another stripe of Islam isn't exactly paranoia anymore)
I'd imagine China being sided with Russian if a conflict existed, but they don't really seem interested, China needs both Russia and the USA for their GDP growth, they establish commercial relations with both. Russia has good relationships with Arab countries, but still that doesn't mean China would side up with them or against them, the Chinese are the kind who usually want what's best for their business, and their capitalism disguised as apparent communism/Maoism
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 14, 2014 at 6:12 am)Blackout Wrote: ... China needs both Russia and the USA for their GDP growth, they establish commercial relations with both... the Chinese are the kind who usually want what's best for their business, and their capitalism disguised as apparent communism/Maoism
Yes but China will soon reach a point of military supremacy over the US and then all bets are off. Why continue to trade if you can just take what you want?

Turkish Islamist leader Erdogan once said: democracy is a train ride, we get off when we reach our destination (i.e. Islamic theocracy). China thinks the same: trade is a means to build up military supremacy and then they can just rule with an iron fist.

Deng Xiaoping's maxim: "Hide Your Strength, Bide Your Time." Remember, it's the Chinese who gave us The Art of War. All their actions are geared towards "comprehensive national power". They are infinitely more dangerous to world freedom than Islam (although Muslim with nukes are a real threat too).
Because trade is superior to seizure by armed force in almost all situations.
If you read the Art of War you'd know that.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(July 14, 2014 at 8:06 am)mralstoner Wrote: Yes but China will soon reach a point of military supremacy over the US and then all bets are off. Why continue to trade if you can just take what you want?
Sweet sweet irony. Isn't that questioned easily answered by way of examining american history? It's far easier to trade for what you want than it is to take it. If the other guy wants to make shoes for pennies on the dollar, by god, you let him make shoes (see: China). Also, it's a bit pointless to talk about chinese military supremacy until they've gotten their boots dirty. As densely stacked as china is, our bombs are gonna give us a hell of alot more roi than theirs might(kidding - sort of). The only way that China is going to find itself on par with the US militarily is by becoming the US. That's the kind of victory that no amount of bullets or grunts can achieve. IOW, calm down, the sky isn't falling.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
OP, you are miss-spelling "Uglier". So, the uglier muslims are being persecuted? That's a damn shame. Perhaps that's why they wear veils so no-one will know.
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
(July 14, 2014 at 8:06 am)mralstoner Wrote: Yes but China will soon reach a point of military supremacy over the US and then all bets are off. Why continue to trade if you can just take what you want?

The soon is in 30 - 50 years at the minimum.

(July 14, 2014 at 8:06 am)mralstoner Wrote: China thinks the same: trade is a means to build up military supremacy and then they can just rule with an iron fist.?

China had military supremacy over east asia during more than two thirds of the last 2000 years. It never ruled, much less with any iron fist outside of its borders.

(July 14, 2014 at 8:06 am)mralstoner Wrote: Deng Xiaoping's maxim: "Hide Your Strength, Bide Your Time." Remember, it's the Chinese who gave us The Art of War. All their actions are geared towards "comprehensive national power". They are infinitely more dangerous to world freedom than Islam (although Muslim with nukes are a real threat too).

Based on what?
Good point about military superiority there Chuck. It isn't just an issue of the men and equipment, but whether or not they can be or have been leveraged for the (supposed)intended effect. With regards to the US and China, anything that China might dream of doing to the US (and I'm sure that there are some dreamers in China) would simply be detrimental to China. That's the nature of our relationship. Take it away Billy!

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2188 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 3944 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5635 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11459 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7621 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1586 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1007 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 511 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17590 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Good Muslims account_inactive 26 4569 March 3, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive