Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malaysian airlines plane shot down over Ukraine
Malaysian airlines plane shot down over Ukraine
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/1...TU20140717

Quote:A Malaysian airliner was shot down over eastern Ukraine by militants on Thursday (today), killing all 295 people aboard, a Ukrainian interior ministry official was quoted as saying by Interfax-Ukraine news agency.

The news stations are all speculating over who shot it down.

My money is on the Russians.
RE: Malaysian airlines plane shot down over Ukraine
Sucks to be a Malaysian airline traveler these days.
Yeah that's what I thought when I saw this, must be destroying their rep as an airline.
This is just bad luck.

Still...... were I looking to fly I might chose a different airline.
Wow. 295 people? Oh man. Very sad.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Those Russian nationalists and other loons have been making a habit of shooting down aircraft..
Malaysian might be culpable for flight plan over war zone. Even if they dodge that, they are done as an airline.

(but realize, Malaysian goes belly up, somebody else steps in, or is brought in, the planes get a new paint job, new stationary is ordered, and everything will be pretty much back the way it was)

BTW, why weren't those fucktards with the plastic buckets over their heads and the voodoo beads up their butts keeping an eye on the flight ????????
There's still no concrete conclusions as to who fired as of yet. I've read conflicting reports.

Still, extremely sad.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 17, 2014 at 12:13 pm)Napoléon Wrote: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/1...TU20140717

Quote:A Malaysian airliner was shot down over eastern Ukraine by militants on Thursday (today), killing all 295 people aboard, a Ukrainian interior ministry official was quoted as saying by Interfax-Ukraine news agency.

The news stations are all speculating over who shot it down.

My money is on the Russians.

Would that be the same Malaysian plane which disappeared on route to Beijing about 4 month ago and hasn't been heard from since?

Big Grin

Sorry for the bad taste in attempted humor.
I smell a war coming.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia and Ukraine Anomalocaris 4765 307703 Yesterday at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc. Nishant Xavier 53 3177 August 7, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 5720 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Burning down the House Brian37 12 1175 December 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2420 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  St. Louis attorneys draw down on protestors passing by. Gawdzilla Sama 97 5453 July 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Of Madonna, NFL and airlines. Brian37 1 284 January 21, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 7464 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1473 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7516 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack