Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secularist Anne Marie Waters on Islam
Secularist Anne Marie Waters on Islam
This first video you might have already seen. The 2nd video is more recent.

I think she's a former leftist, now with UKIP, and "serves on the National Secular Society’s board of directors".

She has a blog:
http://www.annemariewaters.org/blog/

And a website:
http://www.shariawatch.org.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnfHhOlcKY

Quote:Anne Marie Waters, Islam Is Not A Peaceful Religion, Oxford Union
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point is that it is not I, or my fellow debaters on this side, who are causing fear of Islam. It is the actions of Muslims that are causing fear of Islam. That is the real world, that is where we actually live. Then we'll be told that this is just the extreme fringe of Islam...

Well, let me have a look at Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of Islam, the custodian of its holy sites... People are executed for blasphemy, executed for apostasy. In Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Islam, we'll be told that's the extreme fringe of Islam. No, it is not. Calling Saudi Arabia the extreme fringe of Islam is like calling the Vatican the extreme fringe of Catholicism. Sorry, it just doesn't work.

Then we'll be told that we've misunderstood. Violent Muslims have misunderstood. Saudi Arabia has misunderstood. Iran, which stones people to death for adultery has misunderstood. Yemen which marries children at the age of nine has misunderstood. Has there ever been a more spectacularly misunderstood religion than Islam?

It seems that everyone, these nations who apply it as their laws, nations which have the Koran as their constitution, inumerable, inumerable nations where there is no free speech, where there is no freedom of religion, they've all got it wrong, they've all got it wrong. It's quite a spectacularly misunderstood religion.

I'm constantly told, as well, that I need to respect Islam, I'm never quite given a good enough reason why. I am under no greater obligation to respect Islam than I am any other beliefs.

I am under no more obligation to respect a woman oppressed in the name of Islam than if she's oppressed by BNP or anyone else. I am under no obligation to make compromises with an ideology I simply don't see as peaceful. Why don't I see it as peaceful? Because of the evidence. If I look around the world and I see the countries where Islam calls the shots, all I see is brutality and violence imposed by the state... Now, you can argue that they've got it wrong, tell them that, because they seem to think that's what it is.

Is there a peaceful Islam? Yes there is. It's in the hearts of peaceful Muslims. Unfortunately, though, there's also a more objective Islam, and peaceful Muslims have to do some really rather creative interpretations, like the command to beat her...

There are hundreds of millions of peaceful Muslims. That is a fact, but that does not mean that Islam itself is peaceful. Peaceful Muslims interpret verses of the Koran almost beyond recognition it's re-interpreted, like the command to beat her, it's there in the Koran and I've seen Muslim women try to dance around it, they put words in there that simply aren't there. That's what it says, it says beat her. And in the countries where the Koran calls the shots, that is exactly what they do. This is not peace. This is not justice.

Islam is not a religion of peace, as the evidence show us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcxKE4JvvTY

Quote:How Britain Became a Global Exporter of Terrorism, Anne Marie Waters
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:00 The reason we have capitulated in the West, so much to Islam, is self-hatred. There's an underlying self-hatred of our own socities, of our own cultures. This is what has caused it...

We've got this multiculturalism, this dangerous multiculturalism in Britain, which is killing women, killing girls. And the Left not only doesn't say anything about it, but continues to push for it as a good. Even though it knows, even though it can see, that it's killing girls. We know for a fact that there are mosques in this country where little girls, of 8, 9, 10 years-of-age, are being "married" to an older men, and being raped.

3:00 We come back to this "it's only a tiny minority of extremists, it's got nothing to do with Islam" but the point is this stuff is coming directly from the Koran, from the Hadith...

4:30 We have got to start dealing with this. We've got to say "look we have freedom of speech, you can't beat up women, we won't stone people to death for their sex lifes. You have to accept that or you can't live here".

A video from 2011, Anne Marie Waters - Secular Europe Campaign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBXvzmnE6So
RE: Secularist Anne Marie Waters on Islam
Anyone else notice how the more people say, they less they are?

When a nation calls itself "The People's Republic of..." it's a dictatorship.

When a business calls itself "Quality (widgets)" it's often a discount place that competes on price, not quality.

When a political group has the word "family" in it, it's usually a hate group.

When you are something, you need not advertise it. People know.

So why do we have to keep saying "religion of peace" like it's some kind of mantra?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
It's very interesting how uniquely violent Islam is. I recently found the uncensored transcript of South Park episode 201. This episode was censored due to threats against Comedy Central. And the text was poignant, especially since it was not allowed to air.

Essentially it states that if you want someone to shit up and not make fun of you use violence, because that trumps free speech by making people too scared to speak up. CC wouldn't air this, and I can see why, although I still think they're cowards. Coming out and saying that a religion uses violence to silence any other views is inflammatory, even if it's true. And Islam is unique in this behavior.
Islam is hardly close to Christianity in violent e self promotion when Christianity was the same age Islam is now. And it wasn't the prince of peace that put a cap on Christian blood lust, it was the recognition that prince of peace was mostly, if not all, bull.
Whenever I hear stuff about ISIS and their ilk, I always wonder why should they kill the unbelievers? I mean, an omnipotent god could find better ways to make people believe in him. A transcendent god, a being which by definitions surpasses human classifications is (un)surprisingly petty and vindictive in what regards people believing in his existence. Why kill them when they are already going to get hell if they don't believe?

This god is evidently uncapable of countering whatever opposition his acolytes here on earth might encounter, and can only win arguments by violence and killing. This "god", in all his supposed "transcendence", sounds and behaves just like a violent and greedy human... as if he were not a god, but a human creation all along! Tongue
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
I never thought that I would agree with the racist UKIP on something but...here I am.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
(September 5, 2014 at 8:47 pm)StealthySkeptic Wrote: I never thought that I would agree with the racist UKIP on something but...here I am.

I am voting UKIP in the next election. I am not racist. Angry I was married to an Indian woman for 20 years and all our 6 children are half Indian. She has also talked about voting UKIP.
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
I've never really quite understood the UKIP is racist remark if I'm honest. Anti immigration =\= 'racism'. Indeed I thought UKIPs immigration policy was to implement a sort Australia like points system whereby skills that are in demand garner more points whereas.

No doubt there's a lot of loons in UKIP, probably a lot of racists too for that matter, but I can't see a reason to label the entire party as racist. I dunno, I don't follow their politics too closely.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 6, 2014 at 8:33 am)vodkafan Wrote:
(September 5, 2014 at 8:47 pm)StealthySkeptic Wrote: I never thought that I would agree with the racist UKIP on something but...here I am.

I am voting UKIP in the next election. I am not racist. Angry I was married to an Indian woman for 20 years and all our 6 children are half Indian. She has also talked about voting UKIP.

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Think to yourself why you had to add the "but I'm not racist" line. You can't separate UKIP from racism, because it isn't your wife's race it's aimed at mainly does not make it not racist.

I have seen a lot of my facebook friends that seem to think the same. I don't know why at times of economic stress people gravitate towards the right wing but it seems to be a thing across the developed world. It's as though when the going gets tough people become short sighted, insular and petty. UKIP are the republican party of the UK.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Dunno about ALL religions, but if you think Islam is "uniquely violent," spend a few minutes browsing the Old Testament, and read up a bit on a little party that Christians threw called the Inquisition. (The Inquisition still exists, BTW, cooled down a bit. It's now called the Confraternity of Christian Document. Old wine, new bottle.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7860 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Anne Marie Waters joins the dots on Islamic immigration mralstoner 1 810 July 3, 2016 at 6:19 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5471 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33845 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet