Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iranian sentenced to death for blasphemy.
Iranian sentenced to death for blasphemy.
http://www.iranhumanrights.org/2014/09/d...-facebook/
RE: Iranian sentenced to death for blasphemy.
I bet Pat Robertson wishes he had that kind of power.
(September 17, 2014 at 4:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I bet Pat Robertson wishes he had that kind of power.

I bet a lot of conservatives wish they could still get away with doing this.

Blasphemy: the crime of insulting someone dead or something that doesn't exist.
Dying to live, living to die.
Isn't the attendance rate in Iran low?
THIS worries me just as much. "Propaganda against the state" and the unorthodox sentencing method would be questioned immediately in the States, as they violate the First and Eighth Amendments. I love how people jump on us Americans for being so gung-ho about our rights, and then turn a blind eye to this shit when it happens elsewhere.
(September 17, 2014 at 4:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I bet Pat Robertson wishes he had that kind of power.

I bet our mods wished they had that kind of power.
(September 17, 2014 at 8:58 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:

I bet our mods wished they had that kind of power.

I didn't do it!
Dying to live, living to die.
Alternate definition (via Twain):

blasphemy (n): the act of irreverence toward someone else's god.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 17, 2014 at 8:10 pm)Endo Wrote: THIS worries me just as much. "Propaganda against the state" and the unorthodox sentencing method would be questioned immediately in the States, as they violate the First and Eighth Amendments. I love how people jump on us Americans for being so gung-ho about our rights, and then turn a blind eye to this shit when it happens elsewhere.

Blind eye? I live in America and I just posted this story. We cannot play world's police with military force every time we want to. But most certainly in the west people can use and do use social media to make more people aware.

And there are Muslim groups and X Muslim groups who are westernized that speak out against oppression as well.

You can do as much with words that puts the cracks in theocracy to cause it to rot from within. Force can work short term, but change to pluralism has always taken time.

X-Muslims of North America is a FB page. And Iranian Atheists & Agnostics is another FB page. On top of non Arab atheists like us posting theocratic bullshit here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation 11:30 (local Time) Iranian Drones were detected moving toward Israel Leonardo17 35 954 Yesterday at 8:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  NXIVM Cult leader due to be sentenced tomoz...predictions? Duty 13 641 October 27, 2020 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  BREAKING: The Pentagon announces the US killed Iranian general Soleimani WinterHold 133 15744 January 20, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Smedders
  Suge Knight Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison Fake Messiah 3 635 October 9, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Dylann Roof sentenced to death Regina 183 17548 January 14, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Australian state (ACT) passes blasphemy law to protect Muslims mralstoner 22 4230 August 15, 2016 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Dutchman sentenced to month in jail for insulting king account_inactive 12 1745 July 15, 2016 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Iranian refugee dies after setting himself alight Aractus 2 768 April 29, 2016 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Norway scraps PC blasphemy laws. Brian37 18 2820 May 13, 2015 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  OP/ED......Blasphemy&Cussing involved........ Brian37 1 596 November 19, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37