Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believers got us dead to rights, give up.
Believers got us dead to rights, give up.
Lets just admit it atheists, this is how we all moved to our position.

Someone told me to barbecue kittens and sacrifice virgins, and that was all it took. Someone merely telling me something. I didn't even bother to question them. It simply felt right.

Allah exists Muslims, you got us.
Vishnu exists Hindus, you got us.
Yahweh exists Jews, you got us.
Magic babies and zombiegods exist Christians, you got us.
Magic underwear works Mormons, you got us.

The jig is up atheists, all those claims are true, because people have reasons and tradition and popularity. How dare we question ancient myth.
RE: Believers got us dead to rights, give up.
Cats should never be barbecued, they taste better raw.
That's a fact, it's written in my journal
(September 19, 2014 at 8:36 am)DramaQueen Wrote: Cats should never be barbecued, they taste better raw.
That's a fact, it's written in my journal

That is sick, you don't eat any meat raw, you can catch shit from that.
(September 19, 2014 at 6:55 am)Brian37 Wrote: Someone told me to barbecue kittens and sacrifice virgins, and that was all it took. Someone merely telling me something. I didn't even bother to question them. It simply felt right.

I believe it
(September 19, 2014 at 9:10 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(September 19, 2014 at 6:55 am)Brian37 Wrote: Someone told me to barbecue kittens and sacrifice virgins, and that was all it took. Someone merely telling me something. I didn't even bother to question them. It simply felt right.

I believe it

Froodo, give it up. You know damned well you have no more evidence for your pet god claim than anyone else.

My position was formed over almost a 20 year period. A decade of going from Christian, to "I don't know" to atheist. And another decade plus of educating myself as to both science and theists arguments.

Now again, if you or anyone in that list I am being sarcastic about had any fucking lick of evidence you'd be at the patent office by now and the world would be beating a path to your door.

Your "god" is in your head and it is merely your wishful thinking.
So you keep telling me Brian.

Funny though isn't it that you can't back up your own claims, or provide a non fallacious reason for your beliefs. We have the thread to prove it.

You have the nerve to say I don't know what or why I believe without taking the slightest interest in finding out.

This is you spending 20 years finding out as much about religion as you could...

[Image: head-in-the-sand.jpg]
Have the guts to debate a Muslim or Jew or Hindu, instead of stupidly thinking I have the same "it feels good" delusion you do. Try to convince them that your pet god claim is the one true claim.

Again, you, not me, are the one with the invisible comic book fictional sky hero claim, not me.
I want my Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh !!!
(September 19, 2014 at 9:32 am)Brian37 Wrote: Again, you, not me, are the one with the invisible comic book fictional sky hero claim, not me.

Blind assertion

You appear to have zero knowledge, emu
(September 19, 2014 at 9:42 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I want my Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh !!!

What does that guy have to do with this post. He seems like a woo nut with his own superstition too.

(September 19, 2014 at 10:21 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(September 19, 2014 at 9:32 am)Brian37 Wrote: Again, you, not me, are the one with the invisible comic book fictional sky hero claim, not me.

Blind assertion

You appear to have zero knowledge, emu

"Naked assertion" fyi.

And again, you, not me, are the one with the sky hero claim.

I have knowledge of DNA I have knowledge of evolution. Those are not things I pulled out of my ass and like pretending merely for the sake of pretending.

There is no such thing as a non material brain with a magic wand, I don't give a fuck if you want to call it Vishnu, or Horus or Thor or Frank. That is still you wanting a sky hero. No different when others claim their non material invisible sky brains. You are in the same boat.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 870 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 663 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Information How to discuss religion with believers? Scientia 161 15465 February 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3734 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  I Got This Email And Figured It Was From Some Religitard Minimalist 6 1751 May 9, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8525 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 803 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Give God Credit for the Things We Do? Rhondazvous 19 2811 March 13, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Antares
  Why are believers still afraid of death? Der/die AtheistIn 49 4566 March 8, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1254 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist