Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaning towards Islam being true these days.
Leaning towards Islam being true these days.
I sometimes lean towards Atheism. Sometimes Deism makes a lot sense. But over all I been leaning towards Islam these days.

Some reasons.

1) I think we have a 6th spiritual sense, this sense makes us have sense of beauty, justice, goodness, value, love, and God as well. I think this sense will be incomplete without a light and guidance from the Creator. That is why even good human beings over all lose out if they are not on the religion of guidance from the Creator.

2) I think authority of God (morality/his light) is to be established on earth and leaders who carry his light are to be followed rather then manipulative leaders, I see sending messengers with a book of guidance and light as the counter balance to the manipulative leaders out there.

3) I think communication to humanity is in order if there is a God. He would not just sit there in silence just existing while loving and caring about us.

4) I feel Islam is the only religion that provides a complete guidance to humanity.

5) The Quran seems to be beyond human.

That said I have a lot of doubts about Islam and Quran.
RE: Leaning towards Islam being true these days.
I was just beginning to think you were not completely hopeless.
(October 5, 2014 at 4:20 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I sometimes lean towards Atheism. Sometimes Deism makes a lot sense. But over all I been leaning towards Islam these days.

Some reasons.

1) I think we have a 6th spiritual sense, this sense makes us have sense of beauty, justice, goodness, value, love, and God as well. I think this sense will be incomplete without a light and guidance from the Creator. That is why even good human beings over all lose out if they are not on the religion of guidance from the Creator.

There is no evidence of that. That is wishful, lazy thinking.

Quote:2) I think authority of God (morality/his light) is to be established on earth and leaders who carry his light are to be followed rather then manipulative leaders, I see sending messengers with a book of guidance and light as the counter balance to the manipulative leaders out there.

That leads to the totalitarian theocracy where laws are irrational and no one is safe.

Quote:3) I think communication to humanity is in order if there is a God. He would not just sit there in silence just existing while loving and caring about us.

What does that even mean? God has been forever silent.

Quote:4) I feel Islam is the only religion that provides a complete guidance to humanity.
[quote]

Then you have your head up your ass. No religion does that.

[quote]
5) The Quran seems to be beyond human.

That said I have a lot of doubts about Islam and Quran.

The Quran is clearly the work of men.

You seem rather weak in your connection to reality.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I think being a Muslim is just a good excuse to fuck goats.
Too bad reality does not "lean" towards your wishes, huh?
(October 5, 2014 at 4:43 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Too bad reality does not "lean" towards your wishes, huh?

How do you know I wish Islam to be true? Or these feelings to be true? I just feel these are the truth. I'm not stating them as facts. It's just these things seem true to me.
Oh dear .... how very disappointing ....

"leaders who carry his light are to be followed "
Sentiments that down the ages have presaged the doom of reason and the death of hope

"5) The Quran seems to be beyond human."
Pretty much true .... it is inhuman.

"That said I have a lot of doubts about Islam and Quran."
I'm pretty sure that's not allowed
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

(October 5, 2014 at 4:47 pm)Watchman Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's not allowed

To be Muslim, you should testify to that Mohammad is the Messenger of God. I don't testify to that. I still have doubts and don't even believe in it. Just leaning towards it. I'm not Muslim.
(October 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: How do you know I wish Islam to be true? Or these feelings to be true? I just feel these are the truth. I'm not stating them as facts. It's just these things seem true to me.

It is transparent to me and makes no difference. My point was that reality does not conform to your (or my own) feelings, or wishes, if you will... You could've just be declaring your absolute belief for the harry potter books. You have to find out something is indeed true and feeling it is senseless.
(October 5, 2014 at 4:53 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(October 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: How do you know I wish Islam to be true? Or these feelings to be true? I just feel these are the truth. I'm not stating them as facts. It's just these things seem true to me.

It is transparent to me and makes no difference. My point was that reality does not conform to your (or my own) feelings, or wishes, if you will... You could've just be declaring your absolute belief for the harry potter books. You have to find out something is indeed true and feeling it is senseless.

Whoa. Don't you be dissin' the Holy Potter as delivered by the Prophetess Rowling (pbuh). Angry
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 1968 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Lightbulb Learn the true mercy akay 172 4665 March 19, 2022 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder WinterHold 39 5370 April 6, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7733 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  These people are fucking nuts! Jehanne 25 5379 August 25, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  The concept of one without power to reject or a way to believe in the true religion. Mystic 16 3626 February 6, 2016 at 4:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  These Fucking People Need Fewer "Shrines" Minimalist 1 785 January 31, 2016 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5423 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  The 6 days creation in Quran, must it be literal? Mystic 47 8622 April 17, 2015 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Chas
  What the hell happened too these people. dyresand 18 5115 March 18, 2015 at 3:41 am
Last Post: WinterHold