Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else an atheist while going to a Christian school?
Anyone else an atheist while going to a Christian school?
As I explained in my introduction, I currently go to a Christian school, but I'm an atheist. I've tried looking that up but I haven't come across much. So I'm just wondering, are there any other people like me here who is or was an atheist during their time at a Christian school.
RE: Anyone else an atheist while going to a Christian school?
Until I was 12 I went to a Catholic school (I know the stories about ex-Catholic schoolgirls and they might or might not be true . . .)

Angel

I really stopped believing the nonsense from the age of 8 onwards and "officially" became an atheist when I was 13.
Dying to live, living to die.
I was lucky enough to attend public high school, and college at USNA. Neither were religious in nature.

Do you go to a religious high school, or college?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 15, 2014 at 10:15 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I was lucky enough to attend public high school, and college at USNA. Neither were religious in nature.

Do you go to a religious high school, or college?

I'm in 12th grade, but the school that I go to has kindergarten through high school.
As long as they satisfy core curriculum you'll be fine. If they don't...you might want to mention to your parents that you'd rather go to UK than Bluegrass Community College........that might motivate em...lol.
(what kind of christer school we talking about here, nutjobs?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I was an atheist who went to a Lutheran grade school and a Catholic high school.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 15, 2014 at 11:10 pm)Rhythm Wrote: As long as they satisfy core curriculum you'll be fine. If they don't...you might want to mention to your parents that you'd rather go to UK than Bluegrass Community College........that might motivate em...lol.
(what kind of christer school we talking about here, nutjobs?)

Core curriculum is just the bare minimum, and it's not enough in my opinion. A friend of mine went to a Christian school from kindergarden to highschool. When he finally got to college (where I meet him), he was really impressed that magnets could repeal each other. The schools he went to did statisfy all those core curriculum classes, but how the fuck do not know that magents can repeal each other.

He is doing really well now, but his brother and sister who went through the same ordel are not.
I'm not talking about quality of education, just being able to apply for a college. Some christer schools don't even satisfy the core- so the kids they churn out are fucked from the word go. Good enough is perfect, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 8888 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5080 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2329 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Christian missionary becomes atheist after trying to convert tribe EgoDeath 40 4713 November 19, 2019 at 2:07 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Yeah, not going to happen!! Mystic 29 4670 October 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christian Post rejoices that atheist Lawrence Krauss is guilty of sexual misconduct Alexmahone 11 2097 August 12, 2018 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry? Foxaèr 24 3434 March 5, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: rskovride
  How are you going to commit to the war on Christmas? Fidel_Castronaut 108 25611 January 4, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Did anyone listen to atheist experience this week? Won2blv 12 4008 November 25, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop... Mudhammam 57 11662 November 3, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam