Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:17 pm

Poll: What do you think?
This poll is closed.
You're not crazy, a bit psychotic maybe but not not really all that crazyish. Sometimes. Usually.
22.58%
7 22.58%
You're crazy. Very fucking crazy, but we love you anyways.
22.58%
7 22.58%
Your time system is amazing and I wish we had it instead!
6.45%
2 6.45%
Your time system is stupid and would never work.
12.90%
4 12.90%
Can I have a slice of your ham sandwich?
35.48%
11 35.48%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do.
Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do.
So how crazy am I?

**ETA please over look spelling and grammar. I was on my phone and he was on a tablet. And as always, I debate over the lack of respect for the day's last minute is always a heated one. :p
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do.
I'm with you on this it should be 24 then start at 1.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Agreed, but temperature should always be Kelvin.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
So you chat with anons but never with me? Sad

As for the time, keep in mind it's called "military time" for a reason.
1) Soldiers are superior to common folk and so need a higher/complex language known as "military speak".
2) It IS purposefully confusing just like everything else they do, because codes and secrecy and stuff.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(October 25, 2014 at 2:43 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: So you chat with anons but never with me? Sad

As for the time, keep in mind it's called "military time" for a reason.
1) Soldiers are superior to common folk and so need a higher/complex language known as "military speak".
2) It IS purposefully confusing just like everything else they do, because codes and secrecy and stuff.

I chat with anyone who wishes to chat with me. And he's not an Anon I was just protecting his privacy bc I didn't ask before posting this highly confidential and private conversation for the world to see.

0/10

Bah, conventions... just use them and you can get along with everyone.
Make up your own and no one will understand you.
Since communication is meant for people to get along, you might just as well use the convention.
I malkonsenti!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
So, when your car isn't moving should the speedometer read 1 MPH? Thinking

Actually, the twelve hour, AM?PM system is the one that's fucked up.

AM = ante meridiem (before midday)
PM = post meridiem (after midday)

Midnight is both and noon is neither.

Wear one of these:
[Image: 395-new-dial-2-400x300.jpg]
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(October 25, 2014 at 2:55 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Bah, conventions... just use them and you can get along with everyone.
Make up your own and no one will understand you.
Since communication is meant for people to get along, you might just as well use the convention.

I use the 12 hour time system currently. Military time confuses me but I can usually get it.
I'm not like on a mission to change the way things work. I was just trying to point out that, in my mind, they work differently. Differently enough that the whole military time system really bothers me if I think about it too much.

(October 25, 2014 at 2:59 pm)Chas Wrote: So, when your car isn't moving should the speedometer read 1 MPH? Thinking

Hmm good question. I see a speedometer as measuring speed not location. Also, time never stops moving. I see a clock as measuring location. When I think about what time it is, I'm thinking about where I am in time right now.

When you're about to go on a trip but you haven't started driving yet, should your GPS tell you that your current location is nowhere?

0/10

(October 25, 2014 at 2:59 pm)Losty Wrote: When you're about to go on a trip but you haven't started driving yet, should your GPS tell you that your current location is nowhere?

It should tell you the you have driven 0 miles.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sometimes you should just shut up. arewethereyet 12 485 April 10, 2024 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Do people just naturally want conflict Ahriman 113 3759 September 26, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4704 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 464 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1171 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 398 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sometimes Humanity gives you a glimpse of hope no one 14 1414 July 28, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sometimes Ted Nugent is spot- on. onlinebiker 32 1811 June 29, 2021 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Cold - either way. onlinebiker 12 629 January 23, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama