Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Evolutionists?
Non-Evolutionists?
I was just wondering if there are any atheists who have a different view on the origin of species than evolution...
RE: Non-Evolutionists?
(December 15, 2014 at 7:43 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: I was just wondering if there are any atheists who have a different view on the origin of species than evolution...

Don't know any personally...
maybe the new age crowd could be of service there...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 15, 2014 at 7:43 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: I was just wondering if there are any atheists who have a different view on the origin of species than evolution...

I'm sure there are. Atheists can be just as wrong as anyone.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Except about there being no fucking evidence for any gods.
Nope. Evolution makes more sense to me than dirt golem and rib wife having babies, then having sex with their offspring while their offspring have sex with each other.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I don't know about these other guys, but I was created by the dark lord Sauron in the mines of Narshe, from some Esper he impregnated called Shiva. I know this because it just makes sense.
Meh, a really large part of me isn't that concerned with the past. It's the future I try to focus on.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
It's America still one of the only countries lagging behind in mass proportions for acceptance of evolution?
(December 15, 2014 at 8:11 pm)Elskidor Wrote: It's America still one of the only countries lagging behind in mass proportions for acceptance of evolution?

Don't forget the metric system and free or reduced price education. What the hell is the motivation for being smart if you have to go eyeball deep in debt just to do it.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Well, technically speaking, evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life. Of did you mean species as in plural? As in there being more than one species because they evolved? I'm...badly over thinking this, aren't I?

Well, I'm not sure what alternate explanation for life could be given by an atheist, except maybe aliens. Of course, then you need to ask where the aliens came from. Scientologists don't technically believe in a god, do they? I guess there's an example.

(December 15, 2014 at 8:11 pm)Elskidor Wrote: It's America still one of the only countries lagging behind in mass proportions for acceptance of evolution?

It sure looks that way. http://www.gallup.com/poll/170822/believ...igins.aspx

Gallup.com Wrote:Between 40% and 47% of Americans over the past 32 years have said the creationist explanation for the origin of human life best fits their personal views. These Americans tend to be highly religious, underscoring the degree to which many Americans view the world around them through the lens of their religious beliefs. Those who adopt the creationist view also tend to have lower education levels, but given the strong influence of religious beliefs, it is not clear to what degree having more education or different types of education might affect their views.

A number of states have been embroiled in fights in recent years over the degree to which evolution and creationism should be included in their public school curricula. Residents in the South are more likely to believe in the creationist view of the origin of humans than are those living in other regions, making it clear why the fights to have creationism addressed in the public schools might be an important political issue in that region.

Still, few scientists would agree that humans were created pretty much in their present form at one time 10,000 years ago, underscoring the ongoing discontinuity between the beliefs that many Americans hold and the general scientific consensus on this important issue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3086 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1851 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2858 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  More than half of the Uk say they are non-religious downbeatplumb 9 2872 September 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Exclamation new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked") ProgrammingGodJordan 142 14614 January 2, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  A non-aggressive religion? rado84 24 4701 November 28, 2016 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A Non-Religious Person's Meaning in Life and Death AFTT47 17 5002 January 12, 2016 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Worst Thing Said to You for Being a Non-believer Strider 18 8222 October 12, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A Religion for the Non Religious Catholic_Lady 75 15731 July 20, 2015 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheists & non religious conspiracies. OP/ED Brian37 13 2658 June 4, 2015 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Dystopia