Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zeitgeist proves the fault in Religion
Zeitgeist proves the fault in Religion
anyone ever watch the first zeitgeist the one on religion?
I think it proves all religions are just made up stories about the stars in the sky.
there is another one called 'The Naked Truth' - I didn't name it Confusedhock:
It is old 1970' looking and British. They are both on youtube easy to find.
If you have seen either of these please respond. I want to talk about them with someone smarter than me. If you have not seen either of these in their entirety, please do not respond.
This thread is for people that have actually seen either one or both. So we all know what we are talking about.
(if that is ok with the mod gods^^)
RE: Zeitgeist proves the fault in Religion
"Mod gods". What a charmer.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
No matter what we see based on religion is going to be stupid.
I used to be a huge fan of Zeitgeist, but then I saw Peter Joseph's lack of research it lead to skepticism about the videos intent., While it's valid to say religion is a copied phenomena, he definitely stretches out the notion of plagiarism.

Especially when he gets into Astrology, I nearly banged my brain out of my head.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
Yeah he has his moments of walking on the perimeter fer sure lol
but no matter how flakey an authors research is, we can find out easy enough if what he is talking about is a real thing or not.

<snip>

even the f'ing Last Supper painting by Leonardo is just the Sun and 12 months.
this one is good too:

<snip>

When evaluating anything it is vital to remove pre judgements that may cloud one's ability to find a meaning completely different than what they expected.
Like watching an episode of Ren and Stimpy would do to a first time viewer.

Check out the Naked Truth one and tell me what you think of it.
The holy grail turning out to be a metaphor for the vagina part is hilarious.

Please people respond after you watch these, they are funny if nothing else.
Did someone clone Professor X?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
The problem with Zeitgiest (and there are more than a few) is that there is some good info in there, but it gets burred by the crap.

This allows theists to blow off the entire thing because of the poorly researched, un-scholarly, and false info that it contains.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
It is also on Netflix. Not sure about other stuff though.
It's hard to prove things with bad scholarship. There must be a better source than Zeitgeist.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Zeitgeist disproves religion like The Elder Scrolls disproves communism.

You don't combat bullshit with more bullshit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1099 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1828 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Popcorn Proves Poppy the Pop Corn God. The Valkyrie 67 9899 May 16, 2018 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The false self and our knowledge of it's deception proves God. Mystic 89 11888 April 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13056 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Hypothetically, science proves free will isn't real henryp 95 13094 July 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10598 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4868 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19598 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 48966 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen