Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Supporting Freedom of the Press in France
After Supporting Freedom of the Press in France
it seems the administration has finally decided we can use a little of it here.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/new-y...eak-trial/

Quote:New York Times reporter will not be forced to testify in CIA leak trial
RE: After Supporting Freedom of the Press in France
Good to see that the Better Late Than Never Dept has shown up and clocked in.

Principles are what we use to inconvenience our enemies, not what we use to constrain ourselves.
Well said, Chuck.
I was sad to see that English newspapers decided not to print the "offensive cartoon". I understand being scared, there is I hear a significant threat to England. But it's sad to see the scare tactics working on our freedom of expression.

Fucking cartoons. Grow up. If you are so easily offended, just don't read them. Ignore them. If your beliefs can't stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny or mockery, they must be very fragile indeed. No cartoon anyone could ever make, even if it personally mocked me or my beliefs, using specific details about me*, would ever bother me at all. I simply wouldn't care.

The fact that you have beliefs based on no evidence does not give them immunity. Or at least, it shouldn't.

*The only exception would be a breach of confidentiality, which would cause me to complain due to a violation of my rights, but which would still never lead me to any sort of violence.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 12, 2015 at 11:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: it seems the administration has finally decided we can use a little of it here.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/new-y...eak-trial/

Quote:New York Times reporter will not be forced to testify in CIA leak trial

Risen made the DoJ look like absolute fools.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I'm quite surprised. Grant clemency to Snowden and the administration will again earn a mustard seed of faith from me.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Oh good heavens no, if our government thought for one moment that all of the whistle-blower laws they passed (then quietly neutered) in order to generate some good PR might ever be leveraged against -them-...they'd have never passed them in the first place.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There you go being realistic again, Rhythm.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4628 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Poland, Germany, France all love me Brian37 4 1602 April 21, 2023 at 7:05 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  HIV drug mandate violates religious freedom, judge rules zebo-the-fat 6 1011 September 9, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Who will become the next Prime Minister of the UK - after Boris Johnson? Dundee 21 1624 July 17, 2022 at 5:07 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1519 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1684 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 1127 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2130 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  It's a flat world after all. <-Disney, but SCARY! Brian37 63 4871 May 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 530 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger