Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know a christian by his fruit. How much fruit?
Know a christian by his fruit. How much fruit?
Quote:Matthew 7:15-20New King James Version (NKJV)
You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

How much good fruit would one logically expect from a christian?

If a christian is filled with the spirit of god, guided by the spirit of god and converses daily with god, AND given the claim that god is infinitively good, then a percentage of this "goodness" would be expected to rub off on a christian. Even if the amount that rubs off were to be as little as 1/100,000 of one percent, because god is infinitely good, the christian would flood the world with goodness. Now given the natural human limitations, we still would expect the christians to be spectacularly good given their "1st hand Knowledge" of the greatness and goodness of god.
We should see spectacularly large piles of good "fruit" around the christians we see everyday.

But we don't. In fact we don't see anything statistically significant at all let alone stellar differences.

If we call out any of the "TRUE CHRISTIANS TM" on this board, they can give us nothing spectacular to show how their true fruits are anything but marginally better than the average Joe.

So by Christs own measure, there are no true christians.

(By the way, how does one test if a tree has been bad?)
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Know a christian by his fruit. How much fruit?
The fact that Christians are no better or worse than anyone else is proof there is no holy spirit. Christians will often respond that they are only human and didn't become perfect when they were saved. Yet if their believes are true, Christians in general should be kinder and better than non believers. They are not
Fruity, xtians?

They are going to hate that.
Are nuts fruits? if yes then all the true christians are nutty to the core, or maybe all the nutty ones are religious, not sure! Thinking
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Since it's not polite to show one's nuts in mixed company, I'm going to assume that those are the "bad tree" fruits.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Fruit can be very dangerous anyway:

http://youtu.be/piWCBOsJr-w
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Soo... the 5 fruits a day movement is Christian propaganda?

Well, the more you know.
(January 20, 2015 at 1:30 am)Brakeman Wrote:
Quote:Matthew 7:15-20New King James Version (NKJV)
You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

How much good fruit would one logically expect from a christian?

If a christian is filled with the spirit of god, guided by the spirit of god and converses daily with god, AND given the claim that god is infinitively good, then a percentage of this "goodness" would be expected to rub off on a christian. Even if the amount that rubs off were to be as little as 1/100,000 of one percent, because god is infinitely good, the christian would flood the world with goodness. Now given the natural human limitations, we still would expect the christians to be spectacularly good given their "1st hand Knowledge" of the greatness and goodness of god.
We should see spectacularly large piles of good "fruit" around the christians we see everyday.

But we don't. In fact we don't see anything statistically significant at all let alone stellar differences.

If we call out any of the "TRUE CHRISTIANS TM" on this board, they can give us nothing spectacular to show how their true fruits are anything but marginally better than the average Joe.

So by Christs own measure, there are no true christians.

(By the way, how does one test if a tree has been bad?)

In trying to determine Spiritual fruit one must first define it.

I know you and several other's have tried to make a go of it based off your 'morality.' The problem is your 'morality' is not the measure the bible uses.

For that we need to look at Gal 5:22 But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things.

These are the Spiritual Fruit as defined by Scripture.
(January 20, 2015 at 10:12 am)Drich Wrote: In trying to determine Spiritual fruit one must first define it.

Pretty sure it's a pineapple, because a good pineapple is just divine
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(January 20, 2015 at 10:28 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(January 20, 2015 at 10:12 am)Drich Wrote: In trying to determine Spiritual fruit one must first define it.

Pretty sure it's a pineapple, because a good pineapple is just divine

I vote for the mango. The coconut is a sign of Satan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 451 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1304 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How much influence does he have? zwanzig 32 2921 September 13, 2021 at 11:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1808 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87835 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1385 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 14838 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2118 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2738 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30705 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy