Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westboro Baptist Church To Protest At My Old High-School
Westboro Baptist Church To Protest At My Old High-School
But I probably won't be there... College is actually only maybe twenty minutes from home, but I don't have a car. Plus, I might actually be in class at the time of the protest.

Stuff like this never seems to happen where I live, so I felt like sharing.

From their website:

Some fanatical prick Wrote:Devenport West High School in Davenport, IA January 26, 2015 7:40 AM - 8:10 AM
Westboro Baptist Church will picket Davenport West High School, begging the citizens to do right by their children. We have written, spoken, sang, Tweeted, Facebooked, Vined and every way we could find to communicate the great things of God's law, but to the unwashed masses, all those words were counted as a strange thing. But as the song says, "We're still going to warn you all anyway." Ho 8:12 "I have written to him the great things of my law, but they were counted as a strange thing."

Rebellious parents raise rebellious students, then send them to corrupt and rebellious teachers so that they can be "educated" in Hatred of God 401; Fornication 401; Adultery (including divorce plus remarriage) 401; How to be a filthy Sodomite 401 (offering advanced degrees in this as well); Murder 401 (including your unborn babies, to the tune of 55+ MILLION little souls). All the while pretending that there is no God, and if there were, he can't see you up close, and even if he could, he will love you unconditionally! ALL of that, with the plain Word of God at your fingertips telling you otherwise, AND, for the full lives of every single student at Davenport West High School, the servants of God from Westboro Baptist Church have been a VERY public presence on your streets, begging you NOT to go the way of Sodom and NOT to follow the same-sex marriage example of the doomed and destroyed and in hell inhabitants of Noah's world.

Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

You didn't listen. You have stolen every good thing from those children that would be blessings from God for obedience. Westboro will stand in your area, and, if God will have mercy on any one of those youngsters, they will see these words, (a thing you cannot stop), and they will FLEE your city of destruction. If God hates them, they will blindly follow the other lemmings in the neighborhood, and eventually make their sad way to hell, where the worm NEVER dies and the fire is NEVER quenched and the smoke of their torment rises day and night for ever and ever and ever and ever ...

2 take aways -

God hates fags and will NEVER have same-sex marriage.

God hates your proud sin and will repay you RIGHT IN YOUR FACE for your hatred of him.

First of all, they spelled 'Davenport' wrong (and then spelled it right a few words later). Secondly, I cringed at the url upon clicking the Google link.

It's (almost) funny how frothing at the mouth they are. Can anyone really maintain that level of hate for long?

An extraneous social media post (on a site I don't even use) is what clued me in on this, so apparently the students know who's coming. Maybe if we're lucky the students will stage a counter protest...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
RE: Westboro Baptist Church To Protest At My Old High-School
The Westboro anti divorce/remarriage stance needs wider coverage. Makes it personal for so many more people if the WBC is going off on something that much more widespread instead of some other group like vets or queers.

An actual good collateral effect would be a wider questioning of the practice of cherry picking scriptures in many, many more ostensibly christian schisms.

"Hmm, why is my church soft on remarriage following divorce and so strict about gambling when Christ has it the other way round ?"*

*poking Methodists there for those wondering the perspective angle this occasion
Tbh I really don't care about the WBC, in fact (apart from when they're picketing funerals, which I find deplorable) I actually think they're funny. They're just so ridiculous all they do is bring mockery on themselves, and more than likely turn people away from religion rather than towards it.

Despite being gay I'm not even offended by their anti-gay rhetoric. There's nothing new or intellectually stimulating about their message that we've never heard before, it's just the same old crap. Trite.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Here is the reaction in my town to the Westboro Baptist Church when they came to picket our churches for allowing female pastors and same-sex marriage:

Westboro Baptist Church pickets Salem churches
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Amazing how much attention a fringe church with less than 100 members can get.
They clearly do it because they love the attention too.

The best way to deal with these people is just to block them off when they try to picket funerals, and otherwise ignore them. Don't give them any air time. They thrive off attention and exposure, I imagine they sit there all smugly when they hear people talking about them in the media.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I think they are just another K.K.K group.
It's hard to find a group so extremist that even the KKK disapproves their activity.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I respectfully disagree, because they are not violent.

The KKK were/are a real threat and menace to society because of the lynching culture. You can't ignore that, it's something that has to be taken seriously because people can be killed.

I feel like with the WBC, it's petty infantile shouting and screaming, and if anyone completely shits on their arguments, the worst they're going to do it stick their fingers in their ears and scream like children. I'm sure I've heard them say explicitly they have no intention of being violent. This doesn't justify their hatred one bit, I think their picketing of funerals and raising children to say deplorable things about "Hell" are completely unacceptable. However, they can simply be blocked off by manpower and won't do anything.

- Maryam Namazie

WBC in 20 minutes can do more to discredit religion than I could ever hope to achieve in my lifetime.

They've been damn good for helping to advance gay rights, too. Shirley was questioned by a reporter (sorry, can't remember newsorg) on the topic and acknowledged the US had veered strongly towards acceptance despite or because of WBC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 27009 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5839 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2424 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 1900 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1360 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks. Brian37 5 651 October 15, 2019 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional popeyespappy 178 10338 May 3, 2019 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Middle School Hit List Foxaèr 24 2603 April 24, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Nuns steal ~$500k from school for Vegas trips - face no charges Fidel_Castronaut 15 1366 December 11, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bring your Bible to school day, 10/4/18 vorlon13 11 1867 September 15, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU