Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is Why Americans Piss Me Off Now
This is Why Americans Piss Me Off Now
Give them a happy puppy or a happy kitty...don't ever give them information that's a downer because the uptight motherfuckers can't handle it.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/natio...-death-ad/

Quote:Nationwide Insurance faces backlash over depressing Super Bowl child death ad

Quote:A major US insurance company found itself on the defensive Monday after its sobering Super Bowl ad about children who die in preventable accidents triggered a social media backlash.

Nationwide said it wanted to raise awareness about accidental childhood deaths, which experts say occur about once every hour in the United States.

“I couldn’t grow up because I died from an accident,” says a young boy in the ad, after regretting he will never be able to ride a bike, get married or travel the world.

Haunting images follow — of an overflowing bathtub, cleaning solvents under a kitchen sink, and a large flat-screen television set that fell onto the floor.

Assholes.

Look for Nationwide's next ad to say "WE SAVE PUPPIES."
RE: This is Why Americans Piss Me Off Now
Nationwide failed in the ad to show an unlocked firearm laying on a kitchen counter too.

They missed an opprotunity to make the NRA go crazy too.

As for dead kids, depends on the kid . . .

Undecided
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I honestly do not see a problem with the commercial.

Are we to walk on eggshells concerning children's deaths in the homes for fear of upsetting parents that may have lost children due to precisely the incidents described in the commercial?

Fuck that. Grow a backbone, America.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
You're right about the guns. I can imagine the gun nuts shrieking like fucking lunatics if they had. A recent study showed that 2 kids a week die in unintentional shootings.

The NRA hates to hear that shit.
(February 2, 2015 at 5:44 pm)Sionnach Wrote: Fuck that. Grow a backbone, America.

Land of the think they are free, and home of the pretend to be brave.

(February 2, 2015 at 5:44 pm)Sionnach Wrote: Fuck that. Grow a backbone, America.

Land of the think they are free, and home of the pretend to be brave.
(February 2, 2015 at 5:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A major US insurance company found itself on the defensive Monday after its sobering Super Bowl ad about children who die in preventable accidents triggered a social media backlash.

Nationwide said it wanted to raise awareness about accidental childhood deaths, which experts say occur about once every hour in the United States.

“I couldn’t grow up because I died from an accident,” says a young boy in the ad, after regretting he will never be able to ride a bike, get married or travel the world.

Haunting images follow — of an overflowing bathtub, cleaning solvents under a kitchen sink, and a large flat-screen television set that fell onto the floor.

Assholes.

Look for Nationwide's next ad to say "WE SAVE PUPPIES."

Nationwide and all the other companies need to hold their ground. For every one of that kind of twitter there are 1,000 people with common sense.
As always I hate it when I agree with you, Lek, but you make a good point. The whiners are the ones who whine. The ones who "get it" don't bother flocking to Twitter to say "I agree."

We reward the whiners with attention they do not deserve.
Most people show up to watch the SB for the funny commercials. I heard most of the commercials were serious and people were bitching about it.

Everyone hates a downer when they expect to laugh.

That's why I stay mildly depressed and don't watch TV. Less disappointment.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
So, all Americans are lame wussies?
I would not go so far as to say I am a wimp, pussy or easily offended. I did not take to twitter to complain and I haven't voiced my dislike anywhere except here.

I watch sport to escape from reality. I read the newspaper to keep informed of current events. I am quite aware of the problem of children dying accidentally. And yes I agree guns do more damage than needs to be. Why do I need to be told about children dying accidentally during a sporting event. While they are at it let's talk about how many people killed themselves from mental illness (there is a fun one) or maybe we could have a PSA about military members returning back from war and not being able to assimilate to their families so they become homeless.

I can "handle" everything mentioned above but do we really need to address it during a god damn sporting event?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6% Of Americans Think They Would Win A Fight Against A Grizzly Bear BrianSoddingBoru4 25 846 May 17, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  White Americans are drug dealers and rapists.... Brian37 7 664 March 29, 2020 at 7:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No peace in the Middle East, Netanyahu forced off stage EgoDeath 0 346 September 11, 2019 at 4:03 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  FFRF is pissing off Ham and the Christians..... again. brewer 157 13545 January 24, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1122 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Americans on Facts and Opinions brewer 34 2501 June 20, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Dust Off Those Thoughts and Prayers... Minimalist 5 947 January 23, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Low-Tech device goes off at Port Authority Joods 12 1081 December 11, 2017 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Looks like Tom Cruise is off the hook for now... Rev. Rye 0 395 November 15, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What would you do if the school shaved your child's hair off? Losty 20 2426 October 26, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: KevinM1