Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Americans on Facts and Opinions
Americans on Facts and Opinions
Apparently a lot of us can't tell the difference. This becomes problematic when opinions are presented as news. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/392870...om-opinion

The PEW quiz.

http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/news-statements-quiz/

Edit: My score 5/5 facts, 5/5 opinion. Very glad there were no questions about lawns.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Americans on Facts and Opinions
5 out of 5, it was fairly easy.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(June 20, 2018 at 12:53 pm)paulpablo Wrote: 5 out of 5, it was fairly easy.

Then you must be un-american.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
5/5 and 5/5.....way too easy to think many people can't tell the difference.

Even if that's a fact...
I got 4/5 on one. I consider 'significant' to be an opinion.
I don't understand the problem, it's basic English after all
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

We;re no better at english than we are at facts.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 20, 2018 at 1:15 pm)polymath257 Wrote: 5/5 and 5/5.....way too easy to think many people can't tell the difference.

Even if that's a fact...

I doubt Europeans are better. I just spent 3 months there and they were super ill-informed or misinformed about America, in general.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(June 20, 2018 at 1:57 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(June 20, 2018 at 1:15 pm)polymath257 Wrote: 5/5 and 5/5.....way too easy to think many people can't tell the difference.

Even if that's a fact...

I doubt Europeans are better. I just spent 3 months there and they were super ill-informed or misinformed about America, in general.

Sure, but I would would hope that the people living here would do better than Europeans.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
5/5. It's basic reading comprehension.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6% Of Americans Think They Would Win A Fight Against A Grizzly Bear BrianSoddingBoru4 25 845 May 17, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  White Americans are drug dealers and rapists.... Brian37 7 658 March 29, 2020 at 7:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So Because Trumps A Insensitive Dick Americans Have To Suffer Amarok 9 2553 September 13, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Aussies and Americans no longer "Best Friends" The Valkyrie 43 12347 June 21, 2017 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Americans Think Trump Will Be Worst President Since Nixon Minimalist 54 8696 January 29, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
  Parents of Americans killed in Benghazi sue Hillary Clinton account_inactive 3 792 August 13, 2016 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Majority of Americans support gay rights over religious freedom bills Foxaèr 30 5645 April 17, 2015 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  This is Why Americans Piss Me Off Now Minimalist 18 2512 February 5, 2015 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Cato
  Opinions on Ukraine simplemoss 46 5946 December 4, 2014 at 11:56 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Obesity: five facts Aractus 94 11678 November 30, 2014 at 4:21 am
Last Post: fr0d0