Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
effects of religion
effects of religion
How do you think religion has affected education, science, and war?
RE: effects of religion
(February 24, 2015 at 7:16 pm)jackriot100 Wrote: How do you think religion has affected education, science, and war?

Retarded, retarded, commercialized.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What a broad question.

Narrow it down a bit?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Poorly.
Education and religion are natural enemies, since brain employment is detrimentary to belief. It's worse with science, as is proven by taking even a casual look at the Middle Ages and Europe's slide into barbarity. The idiots weren't even able to maintain the Roman Aqueducts and let them fall to ruins.

And war? Do you even need to ask how many times wars have been fought about who's god had the bigger dick? Today, as Boru said, war is good for business, but there are still some very prominent and sadly powerful idiots like Chimp W Bush rambling about a crusade.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
US has a failing education system, 40% or more believe in the bible literally (even though the evidence is there to prove its made up they still are ignorant), the belief system is bad and it brainwashes kids at a young age.
Also look at history it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is one of the main causes for civilizations to collapse. And modern day religion is fucking up the third world countries with its bullshit they really cannot advance because
religion is holding them back from progression and joining the civilization first would countries. Oh can culture it fucks up culture badly and i think religion well bronze age religions just need to frigging die already.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Religion is actively seeking to block education and promote ignorance and gullibility. It's become more and more obvious that science is not compatible with anything other than extremely liberal religious beliefs. We see it all the time, even on this forum, how theists will fight kicking and screaming to deny well established scientific theory because it encroaches on their fairy tale dialogue.

And wars... religion has got to be one of the most common causes. It also points to either a sadistic or powerless God who sits by and watches people kill each other due to misunderstandings that could easily be cleared up.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Not very good at all.
(February 24, 2015 at 7:16 pm)jackriot100 Wrote: How do you think religion has affected education, science, and war?
Code:
Effects:
Education - religion almost killed it
Science   - religion contributed immensely towards development and growth of science (indirectly).
War       - religion directly caused some of the most devastating wars on this planet.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

To quote Hitchens, religion poisons everything.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10721 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4906 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Video The "Harmful Effects" Of Masturbation Mental Outlaw 49 9348 November 12, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19821 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Lightbulb OPEN DEBATE: Religion effects on health Aractus 37 7092 December 6, 2014 at 1:32 am
Last Post: pigsworld
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49316 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion and negative effects Dystopia 1 1070 July 1, 2014 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  Mental and Physical Effects of Religion Michael Schubert 8 3301 August 1, 2013 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5186 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  List the harmful effects of religion ? Rwandrall 30 9669 July 11, 2010 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet