Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ill pretend to be a religious person
Ill pretend to be a religious person
Hello all, i am relatively new to this forum and im quite enjoying it. I am also an unconditional Atheist

But i would like to show that reasoning with religious people is impossible since they have had 2000 years to perfect their defenses against logic.

So what you can do is ask any question relative to the christian faith and i will answer with christian-based arguments that will, in the end, prove to be impossible to deny. The reason i am doing this is because i have been in plenty of debates on religion and never managed to actually win one since it always ended up in a circular argument of faith, and i would like to know how others might use logic to actually win such an argument

hopefully this idea will get your attention Angel
RE: Ill pretend to be a religious person
Okay. I'll play.

Why can't you stupid fuckers understand that your precious gospels contradict themselves on when your jesus was born. He cannot have been born both before 4 BC and after 6 AD.

How do the godly explain that?
No they all know already that there are no rational refutations of Christianity Tongue

And what's an "unconditional Atheist"?

<edit> excepting Min ...he just loves banging his head against the wall Smile
Mmm....ok I'll play.

Got any evidence for your claims Mr. Christian?
Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Another atheist that claims reason and logic are incompatible wit religion. I think I'll not play along with this on, Ace and Min love this stuff.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(March 24, 2010 at 6:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Okay. I'll play.

Why can't you stupid fuckers understand that your precious gospels contradict themselves on when your jesus was born. He cannot have been born both before 4 BC and after 6 AD.

How do the godly explain that?

The date Jesus was born is not important...accounts do differ but what is necessary to know is something small like a date will not change the message of the Christ, which is eternal !
(March 24, 2010 at 6:48 pm)Ace Wrote: Mmm....ok I'll play.

Got any evidence for your claims Mr. Christian?
Big Grin

my evidence is the whole universe ! why is there such a thing as life ? why is there only one species that has intelligence and understanding of God, us humans ? Also, the fact that so many people believe in a God is proof that he is real: think about it, religion has been here for thousands of years, do you really think those BILLIONS of people can be wrong ?
(March 24, 2010 at 7:05 pm)tackattack Wrote: Another atheist that claims reason and logic are incompatible wit religion. I think I'll not play along with this on, Ace and Min love this stuff.

Religion relies on faith, and faith is irrational and illogical. So in this aspect, religion is incompatible with religion.
Quote:The date Jesus was born is not important...accounts do differ but what is necessary to know is something small like a date will not change the message of the Christ, which is eternal !

I agree it is not important because it never happened. But if you can't get your own story straight in the only two sources which tell the story why should I believe anything you say?

Inerrancy cannot be errant.
(March 24, 2010 at 7:14 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: my evidence is the whole universe ! why is there such a thing as life ? why is there only one species that has intelligence and understanding of God, us humans ? Also, the fact that so many people believe in a God is proof that he is real: think about it, religion has been here for thousands of years, do you really think those BILLIONS of people can be wrong ?

Oooh I love this part. This is kinda like frodo giving us target practice.Big Grin
Ok, the universe cannot prove the existance of an intelligent being. Since it is capable of coming into existance all on it's own. Kinda like how a planet forms on it's own. We aren't the only species with high intelligance and our so called "understanding of god" is nothing more than pure imgaination that is fueled by lack of knowledge and understanding. Also, reality does not favour the masses. For a lie is a lie no matter how many believe it. Many billions believing in the same thing can still all be wrong about it. Religion has been around for thousands of years and knows very little about reality. As history will show.

Well that twas fun.FSM Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Meh ...pathetic ..you fail at logic you useless Christian Big Grin

Faith relies on trust in and intellectual assent of, knowledge of God. Evidence would be the wrong subject. The gospels aren't contradictory.
might need to work on your definition of faith and I'm sure you didn't mean religion is incompatible with religion..ROFLOL
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every person is religious Ahriman 289 12045 November 2, 2023 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: no one
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10178 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  You can be an immorale person and still promote christianity Kimba 12 1796 June 30, 2018 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10361 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Are all atheists this ill-informed about religion? Delicate 860 138266 January 19, 2016 at 12:03 am
Last Post: IATIA
  God is not a person, just a thermodynamically inefficient process. Ksa 17 4727 December 21, 2013 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32919 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  If you know a person was truthful his whole life and of high moral character... Mystic 36 22461 March 9, 2012 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Support for JC as a real person Rokcet Scientist 4 1664 December 10, 2011 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  How would you respond to a person killing someone else because God told him to? superstarr 53 22239 July 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet