Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General argument for Islam.
General argument for Islam.
This is not a specific argument, but a general argument to the general structure of my religion, and why I believe the Quran is true as it's the only holy book to emphasize on the following wisdom in a majestic, thorough, and from many angles manner:

It's by logic that we know there exist the best of humans who reached sublime ranks and raced ahead of others in good deeds. It's by logic that we know these people would be special in God's eyes. They being guided and their path being straight, are, the best people equipped to lead humanity.

The theme of what God does with his best servants is in Quran, and the way he honored them, speaks of a praise and exalted grace of God, mercy, and love, and God is ever bountiful! This praise of God on how he treats his best friends and masters upon creations, has a hidden wisdom, that is manifest through how God actually acted with many of these honorable people, and this how God proves the basis of his religion.

The pure sinless servants of God are those who God after initiating in the unseen fulfillment of God's words, brings a descended form of their path, and wisdom, and guidance to the nations.

God sent Prophets with the ultimate mission to bring humanity out of the darkness to the light and conduct themselves with justice, and he sent the final religion that it dominates all religions. But the pure religion and the truth of it and the wisdom, is not known to all, but rather, the remembrance is safeguarded through an Imam who has a perfect understanding of the religion and the wisdom revealed to Mohammad. That religion is safeguarded from corruption.

The Quran talks about witnesses from each people, and states we will be called with a witness that will witness against us that was among us, and another verses say we will be called with our Imam.

Ultimately, God always wanted people to accept his Mastership and authority and guidance, through his chosen ones, so it makes sense he will safeguard a chosen one among his creation, for the end of times, when humanity will accept the truth and follow it.

The Mahdi has been said to be from the Ahlulbayt, because the Ahlulbayt is how God wanted to bring the cause, the affair, and unity of the chosen successors of Mohammad, so he put them in offspring from one another, like he did in the past with his chosen ones, and made them a chosen family in which we love not individually but all together, and tied that love with the Messenger.

The wisdom of him being from Ahlulbayt is in Quran, in the verses about chosen offspring and chosen families, so God made this wisdom a proof upon all people.

As well, he showed that he bestowed a special type of leadership that takes place through his command, that is different from the leadership bestowed upon all Prophets by virtue of them being Prophets.

This leadership shows the way in the unseen, the states to follow, the glorification, the inward states of Salah and it's disciplines, and other revelation of good deeds. The Imams having been revealed the good deeds, manifest degrees of it and degrees of states to follow, appropriate to each state of the follower.

The Imam remains the guide through out the journey, even, after we reach the station of purity and annihilation into the light of God and his Messenger.

This guidance is known as the companionship of the Messenger, "O would I have taken with the Messenger a path", and according to hadiths, this is taking Ali as a Wali as well.

This guidance also has a wisdom in Quran, and takes belief in the "Unseen".

Allah spreads his light through the Imam, the friends of God turn to that very face of God, and trickle down their guidance to others, which trickles down to others.

This guidance therefore is of essential wisdom, and God has never left the earth without a Guide, a Witness, an Imam, out of wisdom. And this wisdom is one of the proofs of the Quran and the upright religion.
RE: General argument for Islam.
Quote:This is not a specific argument, but a general argument to the general structure of my religion, and why I believe the Quran is true as it's the only holy book to

Generally, I'd stop you right there and explain that I have no need for holy books, period.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

That was utterly unconvincing. It's sad that you think it is.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
If you were to think about it honestly...which I doubt you could do...you would see that the circumstances of your supposed holy book's compilation is just as stupid as the mormons and their golden tablets.

You seem like a reasonable fellow much of the time, mystic. Why can't you see through the bullshit?
(March 26, 2015 at 7:10 pm)Alex K Wrote:
Quote:This is not a specific argument, but a general argument to the general structure of my religion, and why I believe the Quran is true as it's the only holy book to

Generally, I'd stop you right there and explain that I have no need for holy books, period.

Do you have any need for books in general? Or are you totally self sufficient?
(March 26, 2015 at 7:14 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Do you have any need for books in general? Or are you totally self sufficient?

[Image: booksIMAG0773.jpg]

those are just the ones in view without moving my ass away from my riesling (can you spot the holy book?)
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(March 26, 2015 at 7:23 pm)Alex K Wrote: those are just the ones in view without moving my ass away from my riesling.

So if you have a need for books, why would God deprive humanity of books from him, and why should we feel no need to it as ultimately we don't know everything do we?

If you benefit from leaders, why would the best humans not benefit you and you gain from their guidance?

Think about it. If you accept God, which I know to Atheists is a huge if, a religion from him makes sense.

Deism doesn't make sense.
(March 26, 2015 at 7:26 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(March 26, 2015 at 7:23 pm)Alex K Wrote: those are just the ones in view without moving my ass away from my riesling.

So if you have a need for books, why would God deprive humanity of books from him,
Good question, but if God exists, which I highly doubt, he indeed did a good job depriving us of a clearly written book. And also , talk about bad marketing...
maybe it would have been a good idea issuing it not just in some backwaters behind the levante and at least 100000 years too late, but actually, you know, such that the majority of people actually get to see it?
Quote: and why should we feel no need to it as ultimately we don't know everything do we?
No, we don't. What does that have to do with anything?
Quote:If you benefit from leaders, why would the best humans not benefit you and you gain from their guidance?
There are a lot of psychopaths in leadership positions, did you know that?
Quote:Think about it. If you accept God, which I know to Atheists is a huge if,
Haha, no shit.
Quote:a religion from him makes sense.
So you are saying if I take to my brain with a power drill, it suddenly all makes sense. I can see that.
Quote:Deism doesn't make sense.
Deism totally makes sense. Why does deism not make sense to you?

(March 26, 2015 at 7:14 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(March 26, 2015 at 7:10 pm)Alex K Wrote: Generally, I'd stop you right there and explain that I have no need for holy books, period.

Do you have any need for books in general? Or are you totally self sufficient?
Okay, so, I'm gonna let the other Atheists here handle this one, because I'm tired and whatnot, but that's an excellent comeback. 10/10.
(March 26, 2015 at 7:31 pm)Alex K Wrote: Good question, but if God exists, which I highly doubt, he indeed did a good job depriving us of a clearly written book. I mean, talk about
maybe issuing it not just in some backwaters behind the levante and at least 100000 years too late, but actually, you know, such that the majority of people actually get to see it?
Prophets could have been sent with revelation and although it would not be written down for everyone to see, there would be oral reminders and wisdom, which was the way they "read" books in the past.
Quote:
Quote: and why should we feel no need to it as ultimately we don't know everything do we?
No, we don't. What does that have to do with anything?

For wanting to know wisdom, why would we feel no need of God giving us that wisdom.
Quote:There are a lot of psychopaths in leadership positions, did you know that?

And good leaders ought to lead people away from their path, and the best of humanity are the most fit to lead humanity and other leaders.

Quote:Deism totally makes sense. Why does deism not make sense to you?

It makes only sense if you don't believe in the greatness of God, and his love, grace, mercy, and compassion. If you believe he is bountiful and loving, you will believe he isn't trying us by evil just to abandon us and not help us, and not help us achieve honorable states, rally and unite upon the best of humans and help us work to establish justice and help us see wisdom and his light from guidance from him.

Moreover, the best of his servants in Deism are basically no where to be found. They didn't lead humanity, they didn't come forward, they didn't strive to guide people to the truth, to stop injustice, etc... they stood in silence. Is that a trait of best servants? Of course not.

So where are they? They are found in religion. The best are the holy ladies, the Prophets and their chosen successors! Then the friends of God who take light from their leadership and become leaders to those who guard.

The friends of God are no where to be found in Deism. Wisdom is not found, it's not known, no one sees the sunlight outside the cave, everyone is stuck in the cave. If you believe in exalted wisdom, you should believe their are those who received the exalted wisdom. And those people would share as much as they can to their best of their ability and not just secretly hoard their knowledge!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7843 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The Argument for Islam is very Simple: Mystic 98 10475 March 27, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5464 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33819 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet