Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 1:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Give The Muslims A Day Off
Let's Give The Muslims A Day Off
Here's a list of xtian terrorist groups.  The article makes it clear that they get no where near as much press as the muslim murderers.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/army-...ear-about/

Quote:Army of God? Here are 6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups you never hear about
RE: Let's Give The Muslims A Day Off
Quote:Adam Everett Livix, a Christianist from Texas, was arrested by Israeli police on suspicion of plotting to blow up Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem).

Sounds vaguely familiar...
(April 6, 2015 at 8:50 am)Norman Humann Wrote:
Quote:Adam Everett Livix, a Christianist from Texas, was arrested by Israeli police on suspicion of plotting to blow up Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem).

Sounds vaguely familiar...

crazy shits are turning into crazy serious shits. Xtian wars 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
The K.K.K should be on that list as should the Hutaree

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/us/30militia.html
Can a person follow the teachings of Christ and seek to violently harm another person at the same time, in the same place, in the same respect? I thought logicians realized that was a contradiction centuries ago. Unless you're saying that Christ advocated violence, which is not a passage I have read. Can a person follow Muhammad and harm another person? Well, you do see what Mohammad allegedly wrote and how he lived. So, it kind of seems like a false equivalency to me.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(April 6, 2015 at 9:40 am)Nestor Wrote: Can a person follow the teachings of Christ and seek to violently harm another person at the same time, in the same place, in the same respect? I thought logicians realized that was a contradiction centuries ago. Unless you're saying that Christ advocated violence, which is not a passage I have read. Can a person follow Muhammad and harm another person? Well, you do see what Mohammad allegedly wrote and how he lived. So, it kind of seems like a false equivalency to me.

That's the problem with ambiguity and contradictory ideas.  Jesus may advocate non-violence with his words, but Revelations shows he's just as blood-thirsty as Yahweh when it comes to dispensing justice.  People will inevitably pick and choose which books of the NT are more important, and if one chooses to focus on Revelations, which seems reasonable given that is supposed to be when Jesus brings righteousness back to earth, it's not hard come to the violent conclusions these people have come to.  Actions speak louder than words, and Jesus may talk a big game, but in the end, he's knee-deep in the blood of his victims,
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 6, 2015 at 9:54 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(April 6, 2015 at 9:40 am)Nestor Wrote: Can a person follow the teachings of Christ and seek to violently harm another person at the same time, in the same place, in the same respect? I thought logicians realized that was a contradiction centuries ago. Unless you're saying that Christ advocated violence, which is not a passage I have read. Can a person follow Muhammad and harm another person? Well, you do see what Mohammad allegedly wrote and how he lived. So, it kind of seems like a false equivalency to me.

That's the problem with ambiguity and contradictory ideas.  Jesus may advocate non-violence with his words, but Revelations shows he's just as blood-thirsty as Yahweh when it comes to dispensing justice.  People will inevitably pick and choose which books of the NT are more important, and if one chooses to focus on Revelations, which seems reasonable given that is supposed to be when Jesus brings righteousness back to earth, it's not hard come to the violent conclusions these people have come to.  Actions speak louder than words, and Jesus may talk a big game, but in the end, he's knee-deep in the blood of his victims,

Because everyone has not read the bible, some people might not be aware how violent Revelation is. 

[The evil locusts] were told not to damage the grass of the earth or any green growth or any tree, but only those people who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. They were allowed to torture them for five months, but not to kill them, and their torture was like the torture of a scorpion when it stings someone. And in those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will flee from them. (NRSV 9:4-6)

The four angels were released, who had been held ready for the hour, the day, the month, and the year, to kill a third of humankind. (NRSV 9:15)

The angel swung his sickle over the earth and gathered the vintage of the earth, and he threw it into the great wine press of the wrath of God. And the wine press was trodden outside the city, and blood flowed from the wine press, as high as a horse's bridle, for a distance of about two hundred miles. (NRSV 14:18-20
(April 6, 2015 at 9:54 am)Faith No More Wrote:

I don't believe in holding a person responsible for anyone else who later comes along and twists their words so as to justify opposing action. Maybe Jesus really did advocate a violent judgment on earth led by himself on his return (or resurrection, assuming the bodily reattachment to his soul was an idea perpetuated to keep the future "kingdom on earth" hope alive). But even so, that was prophesied in the context of a future event led by Jesus when he appeared again in the flesh (this should probably further indicate that he most definitely did not wander around on foot post-crucifixion). It may still be repulsive and horrifying but that's entirely different than Mohammad advocating violent revolution for the sake of Islam in his and then in each subsequent individual's lifetime.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(April 6, 2015 at 9:21 am)Nope Wrote: The K.K.K should be on that list as should the Hutaree

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/us/30militia.html

KKK is already a recognized terrorist organization. If they do step out of line the troops get called in and local police as well. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(April 6, 2015 at 10:12 am)Nestor Wrote:
(April 6, 2015 at 9:54 am)Faith No More Wrote: That's the problem with ambiguity and contradictory ideas.  Jesus may advocate non-violence with his words, but Revelations shows he's just as blood-thirsty as Yahweh when it comes to dispensing justice.  People will inevitably pick and choose which books of the NT are more important, and if one chooses to focus on Revelations, which seems reasonable given that is supposed to be when Jesus brings righteousness back to earth, it's not hard come to the violent conclusions these people have come to.  Actions speak louder than words, and Jesus may talk a big game, but in the end, he's knee-deep in the blood of his victims,

I don't believe in holding a person responsible for anyone else who later comes along and twists their words so as to justify opposing action.

I would be inclined to agree if you weren't talking about an allegedly perfect being who shares (at least in some confusing 1/3 part) the identity of an all-knowing creator who inspired the text of a book that absolves people of horrific acts done under the guise of righteousness and purity.
Did Jesus not know that his words in his father's manual would be used to slaughter people?  Is Yahweh and his son blameless even though they couldn't create a book that wasn't completely subject to violent interpretation for thousands of years?  Omniscient or not?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold the creator of the universe to a higher standard.  

Quote:It may still be repulsive and horrifying but that's entirely different than Mohammad advocating violent revolution for the sake of Islam in his and then in each subsequent individual's lifetime.

Me personally, I don't make excuses for when actions are allowed to be repulsive and horrifying.  In addition, Messiahs don't get a pass when their prophets interpret their words in a way that is repulsive and horrifying before said Messiah meant for them to be repulsive and horrifying.

Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2213 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  how to get kicked off a christian forum Drich 61 8266 April 30, 2020 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: no one
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2637 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Dear Xristards Don't Pick On Muslims Minimalist 20 2485 July 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6034 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 17881 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Let's talk about... yaweh dyresand 106 9597 March 12, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1886 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Theists give this a watch dyresand 0 880 January 5, 2016 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Let me get this straight... dyresand 92 15932 October 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand