Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is everyone so worried about offending practicioners of Islam?
Why is everyone so worried about offending practicioners of Islam?
Many muslims are offended by so many things, have they got something to hide? What gives them such a priveleged place in being offended?

I appreciate this is the same for other religions, but Islam seems to be the most outspoken.
RE: Why is everyone so worried about offending practicioners of Islam?
Because the large majority of them believe in fundamentalist interpretations to have considerable staying power when it comes to fucking things up?

Because they riot for days on end, killing their own people over a cartoon?

Because muslim fundamentalists more often carry out their death threats than christians do, at least to be publicized to a much greater extent?
What I don't understand is where their idea of this "right" to get offended so easily comes from? Sad
Because a large percentage of Islam can become violent when political leaders order a fatwa or jihad.

It's fucking retarded, and we should attack this problem head on instead of pussyfooting around it.

Peace and tolerance my ass.
The problem is as Atheists, we know we only get one life. Therefore intimidation works fairly well; as much as i fundamentally disagree with religion, i have no intention dying early for my beliefs.

For a true believer (especially if Islamic) dying is no problem, as this is when the good times start to roll. I have no problem attacking Islam behind the (veil?) of the internet, however you have to be a very brave person (which i am not) to get do it openly.
Because they are crazy mother fuckers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 7590 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7799 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  This is why islam is vomitously evil. Brakeman 41 4918 January 21, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Why do Atheists defend Islam? Mechaghostman2 260 40074 January 15, 2016 at 9:17 am
Last Post: Dasboot
  Why homosexuality is forbidden in islam huss88ein 133 16249 July 20, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam? hilary 16 4394 July 20, 2015 at 8:47 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5443 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Why do politicians apologise for islam? lifesagift 21 4508 October 14, 2014 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  If Islam is a religion of peace why did it expand through military conquests? Sword of Christ 55 18393 February 26, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Islam = Judaism for everyone? theyear12013 40 7553 December 26, 2013 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Dragonetti