Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Nye links Texas floods to climate change - Conservatives go crazy
Bill Nye links Texas floods to climate change - Conservatives go crazy
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/fcking-ahole-conservatives-go-berserk-after-bill-nye-links-texas-floods-to-climate-change/

Quote:According to Scientific American, Houston saw 10 inches of rain within 24 hours on Monday, causing what Republican Gov. Greg Abbott called the “the biggest flood this area of Texas has ever seen.”
[...]

“When you have a warmer atmosphere, then you have the capability to hold more water vapor,” Ekwurzel explained. “When storms organize, there’s much more water you can wring out of the atmosphere compared to the past.”

So, Nye’s tweet urging meteorologists to explain the link to their audiences did not come as a shock for most of his followers.

“Billion$$ in damage in Texas & Oklahoma. Still no weather-caster may utter the phrase Climate Change,” Nye wrote.

However, many conservatives on Twitter lashed out at the famous scientist.

“Hey, dipshit non-science guy, give your climate scam a rest while they’re still searching for bodies,” Twitter user JammieWF demanded, adding, “F*cking asshole.”

“Although just last year it was drought in Texas that was caused by global warming,” Twitchy remarked. “What’s even funnier is that Nye thinks his alarmism that blames every, single weather event on manmade global warming is just what’s needed to convince more people that the alarmist camp knows what it is talking about.”

Ah, 'muricans, why U no think before U speak?
RE: Bill Nye links Texas floods to climate change - Conservatives go crazy
You know, for one shining moment of glory, I read that as Bill O'reilly. Never mind Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Meanwhile, "The Gays" is a perfectly acceptable explanation. I think Bill should just start blaming climate change on homosexuals and sinnin', just to get the ball rolling.

ETA: Not sure if that was a pun or not, but I'm sure Vorlon could do something with "ball rolling".
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Tide comes in, Tide doesn't go out. You can't explain that.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 28, 2015 at 6:00 am)Alex K Wrote: Tide comes in, Tide doesn't go out. You can't explain that.

You want the moon on a stick! Tongue
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Tell them it's gods way of punishing their ignorance and watch their brains go bluescreen
(May 28, 2015 at 6:07 am)robvalue Wrote:
(May 28, 2015 at 6:00 am)Alex K Wrote: Tide comes in, Tide doesn't go out. You can't explain that.

You want the moon on a stick! Tongue

And white chocolate covered, please.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

This is the history of religion, our species does not like having it's social norms upset, so when science debunks their delusions they throw a fucking fit like a kid when an adult tells them Santa isn't real.
(May 28, 2015 at 5:53 am)pocaracas Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/fcking-ahole-conservatives-go-berserk-after-bill-nye-links-texas-floods-to-climate-change/

Quote:According to Scientific American, Houston saw 10 inches of rain within 24 hours on Monday, causing what Republican Gov. Greg Abbott called the “the biggest flood this area of Texas has ever seen.”
[...]

“When you have a warmer atmosphere, then you have the capability to hold more water vapor,” Ekwurzel explained. “When storms organize, there’s much more water you can wring out of the atmosphere compared to the past.”

So, Nye’s tweet urging meteorologists to explain the link to their audiences did not come as a shock for most of his followers.

“Billion$$ in damage in Texas & Oklahoma. Still no weather-caster may utter the phrase Climate Change,” Nye wrote.

However, many conservatives on Twitter lashed out at the famous scientist.

“Hey, dipshit non-science guy, give your climate scam a rest while they’re still searching for bodies,” Twitter user JammieWF demanded, adding, “F*cking asshole.”

“Although just last year it was drought in Texas that was caused by global warming,” Twitchy remarked. “What’s even funnier is that Nye thinks his alarmism that blames every, single weather event on manmade global warming is just what’s needed to convince more people that the alarmist camp knows what it is talking about.”

Ah, 'muricans, why U no think before U speak?

Texas is not America.   It can boil in oil, eaten by worms, dissolve in acid, and be covered by lava for all I care.
Of course the flood is a government conspiracy fuelled by illuminati agenda!!!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2577 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 915 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1353 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1250 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Good News for a Change. onlinebiker 6 361 February 7, 2021 at 11:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill Fake Messiah 141 6404 January 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NRA files chpter11 in NY in order to flee to Texas. Brian37 14 1139 January 16, 2021 at 5:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump Train runs Biden Bus out of Texas! WinterHold 18 1312 November 2, 2020 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Texas, NOW this is encouraging. Brian37 3 233 November 1, 2020 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 416 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37