Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ha! Too True of all the fuckers
Ha! Too True of all the fuckers
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/14/us/sunday-...index.html

Quote:How passing the plate becomes the 'Sunday morning stickup'

Quote:David Lee had just opened his wallet for two successive offerings at a church one Sunday morning when a pastor walked onto the pulpit to pass on a request.

"You all going to think I'm crazy, but God says give again," the pastor said.

Who ever said "a fool and his money are soon parted" must have been sitting in a fucking church.
RE: Ha! Too True of all the fuckers
For once, I'm disappointed there are no comments on a news article Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
"You all going to think I'm crazy, but God says give again," the pastor said.

"Crazy!? Heavens no. We've come to expect this of God."
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Quote:The organist then picked up the tempo, and the pastor shouted, "God says run!"

lol

Simon says gimme all your cash and then fuck off

Quote:If a pastor or church leader has ever told you that the Bible commands Christians to tithe or give 10% of their income; hit you up for multiple offerings during one service; made you march up front to give; asked you to donate to a mysterious "building fund" or give a "first-fruit" offering; or even given special recognition to big givers in your congregation, Lee and other pastors have a message for you:

You are getting played

There is nothing in the New Testament about giving ten percent. 

When we became members of our church in Iowa, the pastor came to our house and said that god wanted everyone to give ten percent of their income BEFORE taxes.  He said he wouldn't badger anyone but he brought speakers to the church who discussed how god had blessed them because of their tithe. One woman said that her father gave even when his children needed clothing and one day someone just gave them a bag of used shoes. I couldn't help but wonder why they couldn't have taken that money and bought their own shoes instead of waiting for god to go through a middleman.
No, we don't "think" you're crazy.
Morally corrupt maybe. A thief maybe. Taking advantage of the gullible maybe.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Quote:Consider the "will a man rob God" from the third chapter in Malachi. The prophet declares that withholding tithes and offerings invites divine punishment because the stingy person is robbing God.
But Jacques, editor of PimpPreacher.com, says Malachi declared that God was angry at Israel's priests, not ordinary people, for withholding offerings. The real thieves were greedy priests, but pastors have turned the scripture into a blanket condemnation of people who don't give enough, he says.
"Unless they read the whole chapter, they won't know," Jacques says.

The problem is that Christians often don't have any idea what their bible teaches because many don't read it.
"Can god come here and make the request in person?"
Dying to live, living to die.
There is an old joke about giving all of one's money to God.  When one is paid, one simply throws all of the money up in the air.  Whatever God keeps, is God's, and whatever he returns, one gets to keep.

Some of the idiots attending churches of greedy preachers should remember this and practice it.  Do they seriously believe that their omnipotent God is incapable of collecting whatever he wants, and requires a middleman to get it from them?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God hiding? or are our eyes too inferior? WinterHold 49 5136 February 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5190 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2690 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 903 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Too Funny! Minimalist 14 2470 November 23, 2017 at 6:59 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33129 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9042 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Can't Wait For The Day This Is True In The U.S. Minimalist 79 25144 September 13, 2017 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44914 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20901 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis