Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artificial Children?
Artificial Children?
Tell me what your thoughts are on this new technology.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...years.html

Quote:Would YOU grow your child in an artificial womb OUTSIDE of a human body? Ectogenesis could be widely used in 30 years

Now tell me what you think of the Christian thoughts on this.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/thread...ren.43001/

Post 31
Quote:What with the abomination of same sex marriage considered to be some sort of victory, with people shouting in glee and declaring their pride in the nation, I believe that the world is now plunged into a deeper darkness than ever seen before, and the Lord is poised to rise from His throne and to step over the edge of heaven to come claim His Bride. This "artificial" gestation of babies is merely a pipe dream of pipe smokers. Jesus will put an end to this kind of "progress" (truly, it is a complete dissipation) with His shout, "Come up here!"
RE: Artificial Children?
-Absolutely.  If it weren't for wombs and the problems pursuant to wombs I'd be a much happier man.  I watched my wife flatline and my daughter be crippled in the blink of an eye.

My thoughts regarding christian thought are the same as they've always been...cheifly, that christian "thought" is no such thing, and who gives a shit?  They can go crawl back into the caves from whence they came. They've got a better chance of finding their gods there anyway, the darker and deeper the better.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm skeptical as to how soon this will actually be available. Maybe not even in our lifetimes. I'm certiainly not inclined to think like that futurist from the daily mail.
Artificial Children?
I think this new technology sounds great especially for women.

I can't understand why xtards hate helpful medical advancements.
Welcome to Kamino.

Can you imagine the malpractice insurance required? Cost will be prohibitive initially.
Not artificial children, artificial womb. I don't care either way, should be a personal choice once the tech exists.

Don't give a shit what the delusional think.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
This may be an issue of concern.

Quote:Others have stated it removes the bond between a mother and her child.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
You would think that as much as christians hate sex, they'd love the idea of artificial babies. You don't need to have sex at all, in or out of marriage. Just have artificial womb babies, and do away with the sinful act of intimacy. They have deemed almost every form of sex immoral, knowing they can't ban sex entirely without the community passing away. Until today, when they can finally declare that all forms of sex are evil while still being able to create children. A Puritan's dream.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 26, 2015 at 6:24 pm)IATIA Wrote: This may be an issue of concern.

Want the bond, personal choice, don't want it personal choice. Agree that the parent(s) may need to take the bond issue into consideration for the benefit of the child if it turns out that artificial wombs do create negative bonding issues. May not know if negative/positive/neutral outcome for years after.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 26, 2015 at 6:24 pm)IATIA Wrote: This may be an issue of concern.

What of surrogate mothers or women putting their babies up for adoption? In both cases, the child isn't bonding with the person who will be his or her mother...
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children visiting Grandma rejoice John V 19 2198 July 31, 2018 at 7:06 am
Last Post: John V
  Why are children allowed to act in TV shows/movies? Alexmahone 10 2547 May 27, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Adopting Children of Another Race Shell B 62 4538 February 13, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  The horrifying brutality of prenatal confinement of children. Gawdzilla Sama 14 2027 January 19, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Children WinterHold 23 2195 December 2, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Desire to have children Interaktive 10 2094 July 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Transgendered children KUSA 245 30426 February 15, 2017 at 3:34 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Children not getting breakfast robvalue 32 4445 January 12, 2017 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Incest and children. IanHulett 32 5524 July 5, 2016 at 8:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What do your children like? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 3 1082 July 26, 2015 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Alex K