Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give Someone a Partial Kudo
Give Someone a Partial Kudo
Now that we've given kudos more attention with the 'top posts', I thought maybe partial kudos was a good idea. Sometimes I find that I don't think someone's entire post isn't worthy of a full kudo but end up giving someone a full kudo because of a part of the post that I found entertaining or useful. I wish I could give a partial kudo when I don't think th whole post is worthy of a kudo and give a short reason as to what in the post I was giving the partial kudo to in the way that we give a reason for ranking.

My idea for partial kudos goes against my original comparison of the kudo system here to the 'like' system on youtube since youtube doesn't do partial 'likes'.

Maybe an entire post isn't worthy of a full kudo either.
RE: Give Someone a Partial Kudo
I think you could do that with a reply. Quote the portion you liked and say, "I agree! Kudos!"
I'm not going to confuse the system. If you don't think a post is fully deserving of a kudos, don't give it a kudos.
Would half a "Kudos" be a "Kud?"
That would actually be 3/5 of a kudos.
So you want a Kuc (or los).

Kuclos!
(April 18, 2010 at 3:08 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: That would actually be 3/5 of a kudos.

I suppose you might

[Image: th_clap.gif]

give someone the clap, instead?
lol Big Grin

Maybe you could find two posts you half agree with and give 1 kudos between the two? Tongue
Whilst a "partial kudos" system would finally let me go down from like 40% of the kudos ever given... it would need to be implemented well if it were to do really anything at all Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the "Buddy List" for? Why must we request/give consent? Whateverist 16 2581 November 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: shadow
  Someone's been quoting me, but nothing's there. Foxaèr 9 2992 July 19, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  How Do I Give Reps Rhondazvous 60 10810 July 27, 2015 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone? Pyrrho 22 6006 May 3, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Notification when someone quote my post Marsellus Wallace 9 2272 March 31, 2015 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Can we only give one +1 rating to each member? KevinM1 20 3136 February 13, 2015 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Partial quotes Diablo 20 4936 August 1, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Lightbulb Could someone Explain? Phatt Matt s 6 1462 March 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Why cant I give rep to a person twice? Something completely different 30 7766 March 2, 2013 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  Can we get a someone posted before you warning? Paul the Human 20 6581 May 1, 2010 at 6:13 am
Last Post: leo-rcc