Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tv Series
Tv Series
What series impressed you ?

You can list the usual suspects

but if you know any, please share some hidden gems.

I, for one, like the following[not sure if you know about them or not but here goes]:

Black Mirror (TV series)

Mr. Robot (TV series) - This one is new. It's only 3 episodes in. It has been called a modern classic by Forbes, just after it's [free online] premiere. It's about a hacker, basically.[so as not to spoil it]. It's just fantastic, in about everything it does.
Utopia (UK TV series)
Sherlock (TV series)

House of Cards (U.S. TV series)
Fargo (TV series)
RE: Tv Series
I just learned about wiki tags. Didn't know we had support for auto-embedding wiki links.

Game of Thrones is my shite.
Shameless (US) is my other shite.
Big Brother (US) is my deep dark secret.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 12, 2015 at 8:28 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Game of Thrones is my shite.

I even went as far as to read the books after watching the first season.  Ubergeek
(July 12, 2015 at 8:38 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 8:28 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Game of Thrones is my shite.

I even read the books after watching the first season.  Ubergeek
You don't even know. I have read the books twice and I regularly stalk the ASOIAF wiki. I love that series, and can't wait for The Winds of Winter to get released, hopefully before next season.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 12, 2015 at 8:40 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(July 12, 2015 at 8:38 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote: I even read the books after watching the first season.  Ubergeek
You don't even know. I have read the books twice and I regularly stalk the ASOIAF wiki. I love that series, and can't wait for The Winds of Winter to get released, hopefully before next season.
R+L=J. You knows it.
I'll have to reread everything before TWoW gets published.
It is known.

I like Modern Family: http://abc.go.com/shows/modern-family,
So You Think You Can Dance: http://www.fox.com/so-you-think-you-can-dance
Big Brother (US): http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/

Other'n 'at, news, soccer, and motorsports, pretty much.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horror TV series MR. Macabre 666 9 680 May 27, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Wheel of Time (tv series) Foxaèr 24 2549 November 26, 2021 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Matt Groening’s new series: Disenchantment Fake Messiah 17 1469 May 24, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 2016 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Just turned off the New Hawaii Five O series..... Brian37 0 355 December 15, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 750 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  TV Series themes from our childhood abaris 116 7079 August 21, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Amazon Studios Original Series ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 5 1918 August 10, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Game of thrones (HBO series) **spoilers galore** pocaracas 19 3378 May 8, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Divergent Series by Veronica Roth NoraBrimstone 0 1387 June 15, 2013 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone