Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
Has anyone else read these books? I have a total freaking obsession with them going on and nobody I know has read the things, so I have nobody to talk to about it.

I've got Divergent and Insurgent on my Kindle, I've got the Audible Download, and this week I've bought the actual real books so I can read them again with pages and book-smell. The third book, Allegiant, is out in October and I've actually booked that week off work to make sure I have time to read it.

I'm also ridiculously excited about the Divergent movie that is currently filming in Chicago, I'm looking out for new set pics every day and I'm possibly actually in love with Theo James just from the pics... and Shailene Woodley. *Sigh*

If you haven't read it, and you like Teenage Dystopian Fiction (In other words, The Hunger Games and shit) you need to read these books. They will make you laugh and they will make you cry. So read them!

Anyway here are the book blurbs for anyone interested:
Divergent Wrote:
Sixteen-year-old Tris is forced to make a terrible choice. In a divided society where everyone must conform, Tris does not fit.

So she ventures out alone, determined to discover where she truly belongs. Shocked by her brutal new life, Tris can trust no one. And yet she is drawn to a boy who seems to both threaten and protect her.
The hardest choice Lies ahead.
Insurgent Wrote:
Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price.
Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.

Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever... because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horror TV series MR. Macabre 666 9 673 May 27, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Wheel of Time (tv series) Foxaèr 24 2493 November 26, 2021 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Matt Groening’s new series: Disenchantment Fake Messiah 17 1451 May 24, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 1993 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Just turned off the New Hawaii Five O series..... Brian37 0 354 December 15, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 740 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  TV Series themes from our childhood abaris 116 6961 August 21, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Amazon Studios Original Series ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 5 1915 August 10, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Tv Series Excited Penguin 6 1675 July 12, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: c172
  Divergent's 101 Plot Holes StealthySkeptic 11 10038 September 12, 2014 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic