Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The questionable morality of Christianity (and Islam, for that matter)
The questionable morality of Christianity (and Islam, for that matter)
Christians (no offense, Catholic_Lady, but this is what I think in principle) keep talking about "morality" (which is questionable anyway) but there's nothing moral in brainwashing kids against their will. Kids are young and naive and believe everything the grown ups say because supposedly the grown ups don't lie. Which makes the kids the perfect subjects for manipulation and brainwashing. They're too young to be able to decide what to believe and what not to and for this brainwashing them with religion is as bad as physically raping them. Altough IMO raping their brains is worse because time will heal the physical trauma but time can not heal the mental trauma of brainwashing and that kid will remain a blind and narrow-minded fanaticized idiot for the rest of its life.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: The questionable morality of Christianity (and Islam, for that matter)
I wouldn't call it worse than sexual abuse, but I don't think you can compare them like that anyway.

It's sick. Funny how 'the truth' could not survive without it.
(July 19, 2015 at 5:25 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: I wouldn't call it worse than sexual abuse, but I don't think you can compare them like that anyway.

I know people who have been raped as kids but now they have families and kids of their own and live normal lives just like everybody else - which is why I said "IMO". But even if you're right, that doesn't make brainwashing better than the physical trauma.
I think they're not comparable on a scale. Different situations, different effects. But both are child abuse, and both make me sick to my stomach. I've been mentally fucked over by the RCC, so I know how it is.
(July 19, 2015 at 5:36 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: and both make me sick to my stomach. I've been mentally fucked over by the RCC, so I know how it is.

Don't think physical rape doesn't make me sick, altough it may look otherwise from what I posted.
What is a "RCC"?
Both are bad, it doesn't matter which is worse because one being worse doesn't make the other one ok.

At any rate, I think making children fear Hell is a human atrocity, it's so abusive threatening a kid with Hell that it would actually piss me off if I witnessed it. On one hand I'm not totally against making up an afterlife for children to believe in until they are old enough to deal with death, children do think about death and really fear it. There should never be a Hell involved though and I think there comes a time when you have to be honest with them. Like Father Christmas, faeries, wizards and elves its ok for children to play make believe about it when they are kids but they have to move on at some point.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

May as well just tell the kid that you, personally, are going to beat the living shit out of them if they step out of line.  Can't see that threat working any worse than the hell threat.  If you were the kind of person that would threaten a kid with hell, threatening to beat the shit out of them personally is probably a credible threat too....they're bound to know that about you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 19, 2015 at 5:38 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote:
(July 19, 2015 at 5:36 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: and both make me sick to my stomach. I've been mentally fucked over by the RCC, so I know how it is.

Don't think physical rape doesn't make me sick, altough it may look otherwise from what I posted.
What is a "RCC"?

I don't. Roman Catholic Church. aka the pedophile ring.
Ah, I see. I call it "The Brainwashing Factory". But "Pedophile ring" sounds better and more creepy, as it should.
(July 19, 2015 at 5:25 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: I wouldn't call it worse than sexual abuse, but I don't think you can compare them like that anyway.

The difference is that rape by a pedo-priest happens only to a relative handful whereas all of them get the brainwashing.  Far more pervasive.  The thing is, judging from the number of ex-catholics we have, it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4069 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11534 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Bibe Study 2: Questionable Morality Rhondazvous 30 2860 May 27, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19882 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Christian morality delusions tackattack 87 9016 November 27, 2018 at 8:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4567 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10528 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christianity And Peace Der/die AtheistIn 12 2813 July 22, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 39881 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 6995 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus