Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experience with homeopathy.
Thumbs Down 
My experience with homeopathy.
So I thought I'd talk about homeopathy today. So most of my family uses homeopathy to 'treat' things such as colds, flu, stomach bugs etc. This applies mainly to my grandparents. Luckily my parents use normal medicine to treat sickness. My sister recently got sick and vomitted and had a fever, so my grandmother decided to call her good friend who is a homeopathic doctor I guess that's an appropiate name (he did finish medical school) and asked which homeopathic medicine to give to my sister. I decided to properly research homeopathy and I found that 99% of articles/posts about it were against it and saying how they didn't work as they are extremely diluted and it is pretty much impossible to find the so called 'active ingredient'. I personally haven't used homeopathy in a long time as I prefer to stick with the conventional, scientifically backed up medicine, but I can remember this one time when I was seriously ill, I was vomiting constantly, I had a very high temperature etc, and my grandmother instantly gave me homeopathic medicine and believe it or not they didn't work but that wasn't enough to convince her. My question is what do you think about homeopathy and have you ever had any experiences with homeopathic medicine.
Humanity's downfall is a trust in a God that isn't there.

The Acacia Strain-Our lady of perpetual sorrow
RE: My experience with homeopathy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 17, 2015 at 12:34 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

Hahaha, holy shit it's hysterical
Humanity's downfall is a trust in a God that isn't there.

The Acacia Strain-Our lady of perpetual sorrow
They do more harm than good, make that and no good. See this site.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRela...homeo.html
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHVVKAKWXcg

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:So most of my family uses homeopathy to 'treat' things such as colds, flu, stomach bugs etc.

Reminds me of:

Quote:a cold lasts seven days without treatment, and one week with it.
So according to homeopathy, we're all drinking piss.

I awno sounds pretty reasonable to me
It's a con. It's shameful that it is even allowed.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
There is zero science behind homeopathy. Some of the apologetics trying to support it are pretty funny.

The atomic theory of matter pretty much rules out homeopathy.

Also, if homeopathy actually worked, why aren't there ANY homeopathic meth addicts ??

Also, if homeopathy actually worked, wouldn't someone have noticed sea water can cure ANY disease ??

Also, if homeopathy actually worked, since it's been around for several generations, we should be seeing natural selection working strongly in favor of the homeopaths.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You know, when a doctor tells you to drink more water, that's not what they mean ಠ_ಠ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headaches and your Personal Experience. Disagreeable 26 882 February 11, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1697 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Any other guys experience this? Foxaèr 61 8527 April 16, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: johan
  Is it normal be a hetro-sexual and having no relationship experience? Sterben 61 5733 March 10, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Question about ouija boards after strange experience Arsoo 110 18108 October 6, 2017 at 3:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How do Men/Women Experience Love? ScienceAf 61 11663 July 18, 2017 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Ever had a fun experience ruined by someone else? NuclearEnergy 5 2047 June 3, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  I had a horrible experience with Dell. Socrates 17 3069 February 14, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  I just had a Paranormal experience!! ErGingerbreadMandude 31 4984 January 10, 2016 at 10:43 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Is Depression/Annnxiety from the Bullshit You Experience or are You Prone to it? Rhondazvous 43 4783 November 29, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye