Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists and Atheists: the "is there a God Devil's advocate thread
Theists and Atheists: the "is there a God Devil's advocate thread
Ok, the idea is the following:

In this discussion, theists and atheists alike do their best to argue for the other side!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Theists and Atheists: the "is there a God Devil's advocate thread
[Image: sdq59.jpg]

I rest my case.
I am God. Therefore - God exists.

Kneel before me, puny humans!
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
In all seriousness, I like the idea. But we need to force talk some nice theists into playing first
(August 20, 2015 at 8:44 am)Neimenovic Wrote: [Image: sdq59.jpg]

I rest my case.

Day=made
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Lol. I don't think that evidence is kosher, Neim Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'm in but I only accept 1 V 1 debate and I will be the theist.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(August 20, 2015 at 9:34 am)Alex K Wrote: Lol. I don't think that evidence is kosher, Neim Big Grin

Stop persecuting me beliefs >:c
(August 20, 2015 at 9:36 am)Neimenovic Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 9:34 am)Alex K Wrote: Lol. I don't think that evidence is kosher, Neim Big Grin

Stop persecuting me beliefs >:c

No, no, no.  You don't just come out and insist that we stop persecuting you.  You have to make a virtue of being long suffering, something about how that will get you a better seat at God's table.
God does exist, but you fail to understand him due to your lack of intellect and unwillingness in interpreting his words properly to find him.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Typical theists versus typical atheists KerimF 139 34934 May 15, 2023 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Devil's advocate for why ontology is meaningless and vacuous. Edwardo Piet 76 6769 September 12, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  There is no god! IATIA 42 8880 July 24, 2015 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  There is no god or gods! IATIA 89 24749 November 12, 2012 at 11:01 am
Last Post: yvon111
  Are Theists Illogical for Believing in God? The_Flying_Skeptic 119 66539 June 29, 2010 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Purple Rabbit