Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I got a job
I got a job
Having recently deleted my facebook I don't have many other avenues to brag about this sort of thing, so forgive me for making such an attention whore thread. 

But fuck it. At the age of 22, after years of being nagged and moaned at, after years of slacking off and getting drunk at uni, after years of not having the self-esteem (or lets be frank, the desire) to even go out and look for a job, I finally, actually have one.

And it's even in the discipline I went to uni for in the first place, which is a bonus in this day and age. 

Woot for me.
RE: I got a job
Hell yeah Nap! Good on you. It's hard enough getting employed these days, but then to dig yourself out of that self-esteem hole is a whole other level of accomplishment.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Woot indeed m8
Way to go Nap! I'm happy for you.

What kind of job is it?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
What 'discipline' is that?

[Image: dominatrix.jpg]
I got a job
(September 4, 2015 at 2:58 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Having recently deleted my facebook I don't have many other avenues to brag about this sort of thing, so forgive me for making such an attention whore thread. 

But fuck it. At the age of 22, after years of being nagged and moaned at, after years of slacking off and getting drunk at uni, after years of not having the self-esteem (or lets be frank, the desire) to even go out and look for a job, I finally, actually have one.

And it's even in the discipline I went to uni for in the first place, which is a bonus in this day and age. 

Woot for me.

I didn't realize that you were a full time loser. Get to work you slack fuck!
This is great to know Naps! Good luck on your job mate Big Grin
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Now you can afford to attend that UK AF gathering! Tongue
Woohoo!

Good on ya, mate!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(September 4, 2015 at 3:27 pm)KUSA Wrote: I didn't realize that you were a full time loser.

Hey it was only part time. Give me some credit.

Quote:Get to work you slack fuck!

Well uh, thread title...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7086 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 512 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2107 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2083 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Got Plates? onlinebiker 23 1443 June 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1906 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1969 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3553 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 706 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
  You got to love the US brewer 32 3593 July 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4