Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Serious Consideration of Reich's Points...
After Serious Consideration of Reich's Points...
I think we have reached the point where we can no longer govern ourselves.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/robert-r...try-blind/

Quote:Robert Reich: Americans obsess over the sex lives of strangers while CEOs rob the country blind

Quote:At a time many Republican presidential candidates and state legislators are furiously focusing on private morality – what people do in their bedrooms, contraception, abortion, gay marriage – America is experiencing a far more significant crisis in public morality.
CEOs of large corporations now earn 300 times the wages of average workers. Insider trading is endemic on Wall Street, where hedge-fund and private-equity moguls are taking home hundreds of millions.
A handful of extraordinarily wealthy people are investing unprecedented sums in the upcoming election, seeking to rig the economy for their benefit even more than it’s already rigged.
RE: After Serious Consideration of Reich's Points...
This is the very sad truth. I actually shared this to my FB wall (not that anyone read my FB posts, lol). Good article.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(September 10, 2015 at 9:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I think we have reached the point where we can no longer govern ourselves.

When did we ever?
Who owns and controls the media that influences the populace?
Who owns the government?
I doubt it is the 99%
The sad part is that the strategy of the 1% is likely to be only successful in the very short term.
I hear a second typhoon is about to hit Japan.
How's that climate change denying going Senator Inhofe?
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Why do you think I've been campaigning to have The Machines do it for us for so long? And not those coke-snorting, pension-thieving automatons in banks and governments, I mean actual artificial intelligence.

Bring on the Age Of Steel.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(September 10, 2015 at 10:41 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Why do you think I've been campaigning to have The Machines do it for us for so long? And not those coke-snorting, pension-thieving automatons in banks and governments, I mean actual artificial intelligence.

Bring on the Age Of Steel.

Are we all looking forward to the Singularity, now?  FSM Grin

It is kind of sad when I'm watching the Matrix, and Smith is talking to Morpheus about humans being a virus....and I'm agreeing with Smith.

Yeah. Sad
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
My faith in humanity is as deep and powerful as my frustration at it. It annoys me that we could be so much...MORE than what we are. But then that line of thought can lead to eugenics and Ubermensch.

I dunno. I think we're getting there, we just move with all the urgency of your average glacier.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(September 10, 2015 at 10:52 pm)Iroscato Wrote: My faith in humanity is as deep and powerful as my frustration at it.

As soon as they form groups, lobbying for something, anything, my faith in them is as deep as in a group of angry chimps, seeking to attack their neighbours.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Why do, anyone, have need of so much money? I struggle with 587 € per month, but there are others way worse. Why give the absurdities of money to football players, pop singers, CEO's, etc... only to then complain about hunger? I think qualified people should earn more, not the amounts some of them do.

As we say in Portugal, if you steal 5 euros you are a thief, If you steal 5 milion, you deviated money.
I think we as a species are still immature selfish apes and we haven't reached puberty yet!
I took us a million years to get to this ...what's another few thousand ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Monkeys dont need to work as hard as I do to survive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5352 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  When Enviromentalist Get Serious onlinebiker 42 3030 December 18, 2019 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3714 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall GODZILLA 16 2506 May 7, 2018 at 4:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  After Due Consideration, I Hope The Fucks Pass It Minimalist 3 573 November 24, 2017 at 5:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Mila Kunis Gets A Big Fat Bucket Of Cool Points BrianSoddingBoru4 0 488 November 3, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Apocalypse might be your fault after all WinterHold 28 3042 October 30, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5169 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  A serious issue I have with American Politics NuclearEnergy 9 1466 April 23, 2017 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Bernie Goes After Big Pharma Minimalist 8 1131 November 3, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist