Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apocalypse might be your fault after all
Apocalypse might be your fault after all
If you aren't shocked; or frozen in awe after watching the below video; you are not human:

The world of humanity fought a great was that killed 60 million people. That war was approximately before 80 years. In it; humans belonging to one of the clashing governments invented a type of weapons called "the atomic bomb/nuclear bomb". The weapons was so destructive; it could whole city off the face of earth.

That civilization deployed the weapons twice; and soon after the end of the great war, the mighty of the clashing governments manufactured their own versions of the weapon.

80 years into the future; humans also invented intercontinental javelins that could carry the nuclear bomb to almost anywhere; with the ability to launch it from everywhere including from below the surface of the oceans.

The above is not a Sci-Fi novel introduction. The above is the nightmare we live in today.

Any moment now; this destructive javelin exchange can happen. But governments of this age, keep attacking the weak people who don't even own a pistol, with charges like "terrorism". Ironically; the owner of the javelins of mass extinction is attacking people; and when they revolt he calls them terrorists.

The enemy was always, and always will be the demon that sparked hate and despise between people. The enemy will always be that who justified the use of these dirty weapons. The enemy will always be that who cheered for false pride in nations and flags. Sometimes the enemy is nobody but us.

You will destroy the world. You will destroy earth. The one became two. The two will defiantly become three. When three happens; you will be gone. Just like this clip:

RE: Apocalypse might be your fault after all
(October 28, 2017 at 3:04 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: If you aren't shocked; or frozen in awe after watching the below video; you are not human:

Actually, you are. Like all life forms on this planet, human's brains are wired to favor emotion over logic. But there is a point.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(October 28, 2017 at 3:33 am)AFTT47 Wrote:
(October 28, 2017 at 3:04 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: If you aren't shocked; or frozen in awe after watching the below video; you are not human:

Actually, you are. Like all life forms on this planet, human's brains are wired to favor emotion over logic. But there is a point.

I understand. Logic is to pick up a piece of cloth; draw some colors on it, and bow to it while my family plays a symphony called "national anthem". And at the end of the day, I use every recourse I got to wage a fight for no convincing reason with my neighbors who bow to different colors and listen to different music, and everybody dies in the most horrible way as a conclusion.

That; is pure logic. Idiots like me -religious bastards- just don't seem to understand. So backward these religious are!
I read the post, didn't watch the video.  FYVM, but I don't need a video lecture to understand why a thermonuclear holocaust would be a bad thing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 28, 2017 at 3:47 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I read the post, didn't watch the video.  FYVM, but I don't need a video lecture to understand why a thermonuclear holocaust would be a bad thing.

Boru

Yes I saw the Trump explanation on thermonuclear war.
Apparently it would be a bad thing.
Who knew.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 28, 2017 at 3:47 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I read the post, didn't watch the video.  FYVM, but I don't need a video lecture to understand why a thermonuclear holocaust would be a bad thing.

Boru

If you take pride in your country; feel satisfied with the human race of today, feel happy and proud with the result of the industrial age, then my opinion is that you need to watch the video; and be reminded daily with what your ancestors did 80 years ago.

Atomic bombs can literally melt your eyes inside their eye-sockets just seconds from the explosion.
North Korea threatens the whole world with them.
The U.S already used them in the 40s, and again in Iraq on a small scale.
Britain showed the intent to use the weapons, and even said that it will.

So..no; you need to be lectured about it daily.
(October 28, 2017 at 4:07 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:

Boru

If you take pride in your country; feel satisfied with the human race of today, feel happy and proud with the result of the industrial age, then my opinion is that you need to watch the video; and be reminded daily with what your ancestors did 80 years ago.

Atomic bombs can literally melt your eyes inside their eye-sockets just seconds from the explosion.
North Korea threatens the whole world with them.
The U.S already used them in the 40s, and again in Iraq on a small scale.
Britain showed the intent to use the weapons, and even said that it will.

So..no; you need to be lectured about it daily.

But the video is old news.  Asking me to watch it is an unwarranted presumption on your part that I don't already know the history of nuclear weapons and the state (both political and technical) of the nuclear arsenal today.  I do.  It would be a waste of my time to watch a vid that tells me what I'm aware of.

For the record, my 'ancestors' had nothing to do with the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, nor with the development of nuclear weapons (even if they had, so what?  I will not be held responsible for the heinous actions of other people).

Could you please provide information about the US use of nuclear weapons in Iraq?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Atlass, don't say "you", it would be more accurate to say, "our species" in terms of evolution.

And "apocalypse" is a mythological word. In reality humans can kill ourselves off sure, but there will be no Sky Wizard battling a ground troll using humans as poker chips in a global nuclear war.

Unfortunately our species evolved in a time of scientific ignorance, and also we still far too widely adapt what our parents sell us at birth. As others have correctly stated, far too often we put emotions above logic. Our species is quite capable of killing itself off unfortunately. But we also fortunately have it within ourselves to seek cooperation and have empathy. So it still ultimately is up to us how we move forward.

5 billion years from now humans will be long since extinct. Earth has had 5 mass extinction events since evolution started. The only difference with humans is that our cognition we stupidly think makes us superior instead of being one species among many. Our self preservation has manifested itself into something no other species has, in that of anthropomorphic superstition.

We cannot help what the cosmos does to us no, but we can refrain from war when we chose. We have the brains if we choose to solve issues of pollution and poverty and we should work on a meteor defense system. Unfortunately right now we have too many egos in power wasting human resources on protecting their power.
You're right, it could be my fault, as I am a butterfly.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It must be your fault Brewer, I don't see how it could be mine.
Just don't flap, for everyone's sake.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I Might Watch The Next 'Debate' BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1534 October 22, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 4948 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2137 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall GODZILLA 16 2471 May 7, 2018 at 4:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  After Due Consideration, I Hope The Fucks Pass It Minimalist 3 560 November 24, 2017 at 5:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5036 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Bernie Goes After Big Pharma Minimalist 8 1122 November 3, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hillary Clinton's tech guy might have asked reddit how to remove details from emails Tiberius 10 1728 September 24, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Green Party donations up ~1000% after Sanders endorsed Clinton ReptilianPeon 39 7896 July 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Normally They Wait Until After The Election Minimalist 48 4293 May 21, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd