Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel from Cyndago, Suicide
Exclamation 
Daniel from Cyndago, Suicide
Daniel Kyre from Cyndago committed suicide lately. 

I never watched a lot of Cyndago videos, more of a Markiplier guy really, but the sense of loss around the community is just palpable. 

For anyone that's currently in pain, and is thinking about self harm give a call to the hotline in your area. There is always tomorrow. 

International Suicide Hotlines
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Daniel from Cyndago, Suicide
Kudos is for icluding the link to the suicide support group.
Dying to live, living to die.
You mean 'Watch Cyndago Dye' from 7 days ago?

http://youtu.be/5hGmXWAAJ7o
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(September 19, 2015 at 10:34 pm)Aractus Wrote: You mean 'Watch Cyndago Dye' from 7 days ago?

http://youtu.be/5hGmXWAAJ7o

Unfortunately not; 

Cyndagos FB Wrote:Hello everyone. We have some very important and tragic news regarding Cyndago and our future.
It is with heavy hearts that we inform you that Daniel was found in his room on the afternoon of September 16th in critical condition after an apparent suicide attempt. He was rushed to the emergency room and transferred to the intensive care unit. Family was notified and flew to Los Angeles to be by his side. Doctors confirmed that he had suffered irreversible brain damage and would not survive.
He was taken off of life support on Friday, September 18th, 2015.
Surrounded by his family, Daniel passed away in peace.

We would like to announce that Cyndago will no longer carry forward. We have no plans to release any further videos, podcasts, or songs. We will release one final vlog addressing the current situation.
If anyone out there experiences suicidal thoughts or is battling anxiety/depression, we urge you, please seek help. You are worth more than you think, and suicide reaps massive effects upon everyone around you - your friends, your family, and everyone's life who you touched. There is always hope. There is always tomorrow.
We would like to thank everyone who stood with us throughout the years. When Cyndago was started in 2012, we never expected to come this far. It's been nothing short of an amazing journey and all of you are loved. You have all changed our lives and we hope that we could make each one of you smile. We're truly sorry that a story that brought so many people happiness had to have such a sad ending. Daniel will live on in our hearts and in the memories of the thousands of people he brought joy to everyday through YouTube. We thank you all. Goodbye.
- Ryan & Matt
A message from Daniel's father:
My wife's, his 18 year old sister's and my heart will never mend. We'll never know why this happened. Things were really starting to gel after the short seven months Daniel moved from our home in South Carolina to LA to pursue his dreams thanks to you and the opportunity afforded by Mark Fischbach.
On Wednesday September 16th I sent Daniel a text telling him how excited I was for him that things are really looking good with the Markiplier / Cyndago collaboration, the other Cyndago activities and the music he was writing with his guitar (Daniel was a great guitar player). I ended the text asking him "Are you happy?". I never heard back. An hour later I received a call from an LA ambulance asking me if I am the father of Daniel Kyre.
We sincerely thank you and Mark for the support and opportunities you gave Daniel. Everyone that came in contact with him loved him and was awed with his multiple talents. Our lives will never be the same. The world will never be the same.
- David Kyre

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
It's amazing what people can harbour inside.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I didn't even know. I was wondering why Mark wasn't uploading, and I had the feeling that something was off. Shit. Cyndago was a really good act, I'll miss them.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Didn't know what Cyndago was. Just wikipediaed it. He got money for saying stuff on youtube. Alot of money, more than most people will ever see. But then, for some reason, he got sad and killed himself. Could of taken time off, could of gone on vacation, gone to Amsterdam, got high, retired. Really alot of things none of us would be able to do on the fly.
But no no no, he killed himself.

Its hard to feel sympathy.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Never herd of them.
(September 21, 2015 at 2:43 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Didn't know what Cyndago was. Just wikipediaed it. He got money for saying stuff on youtube. Alot of money, more than most people will ever see. But then, for some reason, he got sad and killed himself. Could of taken time off, could of gone on vacation, gone to Amsterdam, got high, retired. Really alot of things none of us would be able to do on the fly.

*my bold*

This might sound harsh but that might be because you don't know how bad depression or other mental health disorders can be. This wasn't some "I got sad and barely scratched my wrists in middle school for attention" bullshit. If someone killed themselves, and no one saw it coming, they were carrying some seriously heavy issues. Issues he should have been seeing someone for, but mental health gets treated like a joke in this country. 

Some people don't struggle with depression, or other disorders, and they get the right help. Others do, for whatever reason. Even those with a bit of cash.

(September 21, 2015 at 4:45 am)Starvald Demelain Wrote:
(September 21, 2015 at 2:43 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Didn't know what Cyndago was. Just wikipediaed it. He got money for saying stuff on youtube. Alot of money, more than most people will ever see. But then, for some reason, he got sad and killed himself. Could of taken time off, could of gone on vacation, gone to Amsterdam, got high, retired. Really alot of things none of us would be able to do on the fly.

*my bold*

This might sound harsh but that might be because you don't know how bad depression or other mental health disorders can be. This wasn't some "I got sad and barely scratched my wrists in middle school for attention" bullshit. If someone killed themselves, and no one saw it coming, they were carrying some seriously heavy issues. Issues he should have been seeing someone for, but mental health gets treated like a joke in this country. 

Some people don't struggle with depression, or other disorders, and they get the right help. Others do, for whatever reason. Even those with a bit of cash.

No, thats a fair point but I have suffered from severe depression all my life. Mental health is in the dark ages more or less everywhere. To get any decent treatment you need money.
I've had depression long enough to know how it can sap your energy and lead you to irrational conclusions *but* that being said this guy had money. ALOT of money. He had access to a privilege that could of helped him. Unless his depression was such that he couldn't contain a rational thought in his head at any point then the choice not to get properly treated was entirely his.

I'm not one of these people who just hates on people for being rich but its not like he had to do much in the way of earning for his money. He had loads of spare time and cash. He had an opportunity to get help most people with a mental condition would kill for. If this guy wasn't well known as a youtube personality we'd all shrug our shoulders and rightfully so. Regardless of our mental status we all have to struggle to make a living, this guy didn't and this is what he did with that privilege. Any one of us would of used it properly.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 578 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Guns and suicide onlinebiker 51 4392 August 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  More people die from suicide than war and natural disasters combined. CapnAwesome 39 3016 October 16, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  ‘I’m going somewhere wonderful’: man texts wife before suicide Foxaèr 10 2941 July 17, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Possible Islamic suicide bombing prevented. paulpablo 23 8949 June 23, 2017 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Court Jester
  Very suspicious-looking "suicide" in Ohio Regina 10 2030 May 26, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Teen girl sent by Boko Haram rips off suicide vest, refuses to bomb refugee camp Heat 7 1978 February 16, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  California Approves Doctor Assisted Suicide Minimalist 12 2116 September 12, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Sad day - suicide ignoramus 4 1134 July 3, 2015 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  An Ohio transgender teen's suicide, a mother's anguish Forsaken 7 1774 January 4, 2015 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Chad32