Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Canadians and your health care
A question for Canadians and your health care
Last weekend was my MIL's wedding. Most of the family was there. While we were out for pizza the subject of the new health care bill in the US was brought up. My sister-in-law (who knows everything) said that in 4 years things will get really bad (like they're not bad enough already?) just wait, the end of the world will come. I told her that the bill isn't perfect, but it's a start and we really should have gone for universal health care like Canada and other countries have. She told me that in Canada after the age of 65 people get cut off their health care. I asked her who told her that and she said she has friends who have duel citizenship between Canada and the US (I never heard of such a thing, but what do I know) and they told her. I want to know if there is any truth to seniors losing health care in Canada or is this the ravings of a mad Republican. Also if you can point me out to any websites with info that I can pass on to Miss Knowitall I'd appreciate thatSmile
binnyCoffee
RE: A question for Canadians and your health care
I'm not Canadian, but I remembered bookmarking this page a while back. I don't think it mentions that cut-off at 65 thing, but it does help clear a few things up. Hope it helps.

Debunking Canadian Healthcare Myths
Good question Binny.
I have a problem with people who are big on opinions( presented as fact )....with no substance to back them up.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(May 5, 2010 at 5:43 pm)binny Wrote: She told me that in Canada after the age of 65 people get cut off their health care.

I'm not canadian either, but this claim seems as likely as me being the Queen of England. Rolleyes
[Image: pPQu8.png]
(May 5, 2010 at 7:05 pm)AtheistPhil Wrote:
(May 5, 2010 at 5:43 pm)binny Wrote: She told me that in Canada after the age of 65 people get cut off their health care.

I'm not canadian either, but this claim seems as likely as me being the Queen of England. Rolleyes

Yes, you'd think that if anybody needed government-funded health care, it would be the over-65s.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
certainly not. My Ma is over 65, she spends a lot of health care money. Your friend, although correct to have strong doubts about the health care reform, has been lied to about the reality of the Canadian system. No one gets cut off.
Quote:No one gets cut off.

Except here when the insurance company gets tired of paying.

That is the system those tea-bagging shitheads wanted to save!
My 84 year old Canadian born (and Australian citizen) mother has lived in Australia for 64 years.

Mum still receives a small Canadian pension. I know because I do the paperwork.

I'd be willing to bet all the conditions for Canadian health care, pensions etc are freely available on line.

No offence Binny,but your sister-in -law sounds like a bit of a dill.
She sounds like a pickle.

You guys couldn't have the Canadian Socialized Tax Funded health care system we have. Even if you could agree to want it (good luck). It would be cheaper, nothing could possibly be more expensive than your current health care. But the problem is that Americans... how do I put this... don't like to share. When they figured out they were paying for sex change operations and abortions, Mammograms when they don't have breasts, and birth control when they are bachelors... I have a lot of family in America, about 50 of them I suppose, and so I hope that the health care problems that are decades old get resolved (and remain skeptical of promises until I see results), but it isn't as simple as 'we should have the Canadian system'. You would need to replace the core values of Americans with the core values of Canadians... There is a difference.
My sister-in-law is a dill, and a pickle. No offense takenSmile She really thinks she knows everything and has an answer to all question. Very annoying.
As for the health care problems in America getting resolve, that will never happen as long as big business controls Washington.
binnyCoffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Supplement no one 0 287 July 24, 2023 at 7:28 am
Last Post: no one
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2154 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Health advocates do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission Agnostico 108 7419 June 14, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Agnostico
  Anyone makes mental health jokes... Mystic 61 14475 March 23, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Will you share your food (serious question) ErGingerbreadMandude 39 5584 January 15, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 3477 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  My house and mental health issues Brian37 17 3836 September 15, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Idiot's guide to taking care of a frying pan? Chad32 29 4693 February 23, 2017 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy Canada Day all you Canadians!! c172 5 1089 July 1, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: c172
  Taking care of elderly family being only child. Brian37 22 3853 December 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37