Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:31 am

Poll: Is the Biblical God homophobe?
This poll is closed.
Yes
93.10%
27 93.10%
No
3.45%
1 3.45%
I'm not sure
3.45%
1 3.45%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Christianity against homosexuality?
Is Christianity against homosexuality?
Hello,

I am new on this forum as you can see. The main reason for me to joining this forum is to ask a question about atheism, to be more correct, I had in plan to open a theme about " Atheist fundamentalism ", but I lost energy to finish my post, so I hope I will finish my post in next few days, and then open a thread.

Anyway, In the meanwhile, I would ask all of you a simple question, "Do you believe that Bible is against homosexuality". It seems like that some Christians believe that’s not the case, but to be honest, for me that is bullsh*t. I think Christianity, same as Islam or Judaism clearly stands against Homosexual behavior. I think there is just too many evidence to ignore the fact that, Biblical God is homophobe.

So, what do you think? If you think that Biblical God is not a homophobe , please explain why do you think so.
RE: Is Christianity against homosexuality?
I voted yes. Yes the Wholly Babble is full of homophobia.
Yes. The bible was written in a timeframe in history when things were vastly different than today. Sex was for reproduction (gay people can't reproduce). Also, emphasis on basic hygiene was lacking and condoms (or any equivalent) didn't exist, and the risk for infection was a lot higher for gay sex than it is today. In a lifestyle guide like the bible, it is perfectly reasonable to expect that the main character (i.e. "GOD") would hold the views of the common person at the time. One has to keep in mind, this book was written 2000 years ago and the characters were fairly primitive people!

The fact people STILL base their lives in the 21st century off a 2000 year old text is just.... Wacky
[Image: 08.jpg]
You gotta be shitting me.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Nah - he's in the closet.
Well...that's confusing.

To the question in the thread title: it really depends on the flavor of Christianity in question. Some of them have done remarkable group mental gymnastics to convince themselves that whole pie slice of the Bible either doesn't matter or doesn't say that.

To the question in the original post: yes, the Bible absolutely forbids homosexuality in both the Old and New Testaments. I was never a chapter-and-verse kind of Christian, but I believe the most pertinent texts to the discussion are in Leviticus chapter 18 and Romans chapter 1.

At any rate, homophobia (while vile) is probably the least of Jehovah's crimes, if the Bible is any indication of the kinds of actions he's supposed to be responsible for.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(October 8, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Nah - he's in the closet.

He did make a MAN for himself instead of a woman!
[Image: 08.jpg]
@Redbeard the Pink

Yeah Genocide is pretty bad.
(October 8, 2015 at 7:00 pm)MentalGiant Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Nah - he's in the closet.

He did make a MAN for himself instead of a woman!

Ya see what I mean!
(October 8, 2015 at 7:00 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: At any rate, homophobia (while vile) is probably the least of Jehovah's crimes, if the Bible is any indication of the kinds of actions he's supposed to be responsible for.

I'd say all the crimes are equally vile, since at the root, they are the barbarity of a Bronze/Iron Age desert tribe's social views, and include justifications for murdering neighboring tribes (genocide), enslaving and sexually abusing the conquered young women, murdering people who practice other faiths, murdering women who do not like the man they are being forced to marry by the father who owns them, murdering homosexuals, murdering disobedient children, murdering people who "blaspheme" (the opposite of free speech!), and murdering those who are considered to be "seers" or witches, on the basis that they commune with invisible evil spirits.

It's all "murder because they are not like us", and it is the most base of all human motivations.

To people in the 21st century who cannot see that this is not God, but psychopathic dictators wearing priests' robes using God as an excuse to justify and enforce their barbarity, I just do not know what to say.

They often tell me that I don't obey God because I "hate God", whatever that means. But the fact is that I do not obey the barbarity in the Bible because it is barbaric, immoral, and beneath me... I am known for using the term "morally repugnant".

Many versions of modern Christian have learned to recognize that much of the Bible is barbaric, and they use their own sense of moral decency to filter out the barbaric tribalism, and keep the parts of the Bible that encourage them to be better and more giving people. These typically have no issue with homosexuals because they recognize it for what it is-- a "breed more warriors" command by the priests fighting to hold on to "Holy Land" territory and expand their mini-empire, which has no application in today's world.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2684 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 28418 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Favorite arguments against Christianity? newthoughts 0 683 December 6, 2016 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: newthoughts
  Homosexuality degenerates Safirno 83 9337 July 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6746 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  the hammer of homosexuality loganonekenobi 403 47988 October 25, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  HOMOSEXUALITY IS A 'SIN' BigGiantPorky 98 20411 August 1, 2015 at 10:58 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Statistical Evidence Against Christianity Davka 39 9005 January 17, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: dyresand
  The ultimate thread against Christianity. dyresand 30 8307 January 11, 2015 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  On the subject of homosexuality... Boris Karloff 42 10612 January 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Ryantology