Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saluting all the good and great theists we have had on this site.
Saluting all the good and great theists we have had on this site.
Here is to Catholic_Lady and Kingy.  What was his actual user name?  You know, the guy with the sweet wife, daughters and horses?

Ultimately it seems they all move on and then there are periods of time when we have nothing but goobers.  It is good to remember that it is possible to believe religious stuff and still be outstanding human beings or at least a hell of a lot of fun.  I'm going to go ahead and give a shout out to the Fr0d0 and ChadWooters.  I saw eye to eye on lots of things with FrOds.  As for Chad, how can you not love a guy with the self knowledge to describe himself as a pompous ass?

What theists have found a place close to your heart over the years?  Could be someone online but it could also be someone in real life or a celebrity.  While being atheists is just fine, as we all know well enough, it is important to remember that we don't have an exclusive on that.
RE: Saluting all the good and great theists we have had on this site.
(November 2, 2015 at 7:04 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: What was his actual user name?  You know, the guy with the sweet wife, daughters and horses?

Sadly, nothing has been heard from him for quite some time.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
fr0d0 always meant a lot to me. We were both the most active members for years before Minimalist overtook us.

To give a summary of what our times on the forum was like for years.

me Wrote:Where is the evidence fr0d0?

fr0ds Wrote:It's ridiculous to ask for evidence for God, you need faith not evidence

me Wrote:It's ridiculous to not need evidence for God, faith is useless, you need evidence not faith. So where is the evidence fr0d0?

Rinse and repeat on an infinite loop lol.

These aren't genuine quotes I am paraphrasing of course...

Here's the real thing: http://atheistforums.org/thread-1767.html

All the way back in 2009, wow.
(November 2, 2015 at 7:06 pm)abaris Wrote:
(November 2, 2015 at 7:04 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: What was his actual user name?  You know, the guy with the sweet wife, daughters and horses?

Sadly, nothing has been heard from him for quite some time.

I read a post by him somewhere saying he was going to have to take a long extended break from here.  Didn't sound like fall out from any interactions he was having here.  But with a young family, busy job and a hot wife .. he probably has his hands full.
(November 2, 2015 at 7:10 pm)Evie Wrote: fr0d0 always meant a lot to me. We were both the most active members for years before Minimalist overtook us.

That is hard to imagine.  Not that either of you are shrinking violets but it is hard to imagine anyone as active as Mins.
I miss frods.

He was crazy but harmless.

Tackattack, too.
(November 2, 2015 at 7:10 pm)Evie Wrote: fr0d0 always meant a lot to me. We were both the most active members for years before Minimalist overtook us.

Apart from being a theist, his heart was in the right place. I get that he broke the rules bigtime in some way, but still. One of the very few I could find common ground with.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 2, 2015 at 7:11 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(November 2, 2015 at 7:06 pm)abaris Wrote: Sadly, nothing has been heard from him for quite some time.

I read a post by him somewhere saying he was going to have to take a long extended break from here.  Didn't sound like fall out from any interactions he was having here.  But with a young family, busy job and a hot wife .. he probably has his hands full.

Is he still Skyping?
(November 2, 2015 at 7:12 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote:

That is hard to imagine.  Not that either of you are shrinking violets but it is hard to imagine anyone as active as Mins.

Violet caught up to me before Min did I believe.

I remember being thousands of posts above everyone including fr0d0 when it hit 500 members exactly.

Of course... it's not all about post count.

I stopped being the top poster when I took a break for several years, basically.

I've come back and am active again of course.... I doubt I'll catch up to Min but.... I did do over 350 posts in 24 hours earlier in October.
ChadWooters had a nice username. It wasn't half bad.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 347 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3251 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1941 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3193 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 18627 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Old threads of discussion I have had. Mystic 125 16614 April 3, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Have you Heathens heard the Good News? The Valkyrie 71 11522 January 26, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2510 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I wish I had yall on Facebook mlmooney89 115 16556 August 5, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Make Atheism Great Again Mechaghostman2 104 12001 July 16, 2016 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical