Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Irony Is Overwhelming
The Irony Is Overwhelming
First off, this story recounts the tales of two gun nuts who fired their precious guns at "shop-lifters" and were then surprised when they got charged by the cops.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/indiana-...oplifters/

Quote:Indiana vet too scared to carry gun — or leave his house — after felony charge for shooting at shoplifters

But what is truly astounding is the last paragraph where a local cop has the fucking balls to say:

Quote:“That weapon is there to protect yourself or others,” said Sgt. Chris Snyder, a spokesman for Elkhart police. “And somebody that’s running away from you, getting in a car to even go further away from you — does that really pose a risk to you or to anybody else?”

Apparently, only if you are a cop with body armor and back up either present or on the way.  In that case, they blast away until the body stops twitching and then tell anyone in earshot how fucking "scared" they were.
RE: The Irony Is Overwhelming
It's that whole "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
They should really say that to a mirror the next time they try to pull the lie that they were scared of some black guy who might have had a gun. There really is a sharp double standard depending on the skin color of the person.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

That's an EIB on his chest.  I trust him to discharge in a crowd/open more than I'll ever trust a cop. Wanted to highlight one of his comments though -

Quote:“If I knew I was going to be prosecuted, I don’t know if I would have done this or not,” he said.

So, if he thought that he would be prosecuted -as allowed by our laws-.....................................he might not have gone Rambo? Imagine that. Perhaps we should encourage that perception in our society?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There's another thread where several posters have said that they would actually kill someone who is shooting at another person. The guy was lucky that they weren't there or else he might be in a grave.
What's an EIB? European Investment Bank? Emirates Islamic Bank? Excellence In Broadcasting?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 14, 2015 at 11:04 pm)Stimbo Wrote: What's an EIB? European Investment Bank? Emirates Islamic Bank? Excellence In Broadcasting?

Expert Infantry Badge.
Ah. Thank you. Fuck Google up whatever orifice presents itself.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Use this to check your irony meter. Gawdzilla Sama 5 529 August 6, 2018 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Conservatards: Irony Is Wasted On Them! Minimalist 11 2265 January 29, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Diamond-hard, industrial-strength irony. Gawdzilla Sama 5 1522 September 16, 2017 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Kosh
  Irony, Thy Name Is Borowitz! Minimalist 7 1151 April 19, 2017 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Oh, The Irony..... Minimalist 0 413 October 28, 2016 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Love Irony! Minimalist 8 963 October 9, 2016 at 10:53 am
Last Post: chimp3
  The Irony Is Strong With This One Minimalist 14 2611 May 9, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Oh, the irony! Minimalist 2 830 January 5, 2015 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Rick Perry: King of Irony... Minimalist 11 3025 June 27, 2013 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  I Wonder if Kerry Sees the Irony in This? Minimalist 0 662 June 24, 2013 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist