Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, my son attends school at the church
So, my son attends school at the church
My wife is religious (Despite how outspoken I am; although it doesn't strain our relationship, believe it or not). As a result, my preschool son goes to Montessori at the local church (my older son attends public school).

My boys know that I don't believe in god, and they know their mom does believe in god. I'm not shy about explaining to them my reasoning and neither is she.

I'm content that my boys can discern for themselves what they believe, and I'm really not concerned with them being exposed to religious beliefs.

With that said, here is something my son brought home from school:

[Image: 43479cae9d12c97a9f39f80326cda1b7.jpg]

Do you think this is imagery for Christianity? Or a harmless lesson to teach the letter T? He has never brought home any other such assignment for other letters of the alphabet.

Feel free to discuss in this thread the idea of an atheist sending his youngest son to school at a church, as well as discuss the photo I attached.

Thanks for reading!
RE: So, my son attends school at the church
What does he have to say on the matter? You know, you don't have to smell indoctrination behind everything resembling a cross. What did they tell him, this represents? If it's just the letter t, well, it looks like that. No working around the to and the cross looking the same.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
If its about a cross, your son did some pretty cool subversion by making it "t" is for trix.

Also, if he's at a Christian school, then do you not expect him to have some Jesus lessons?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Give that kid a bag of money.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
I think it's a conspiracy. That school is trying to take over the world for Christianity by making the kids do T's that look like crosses. This will work on their subconscious to make them Christian whether they want to be or not.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
When I was a kid. I told my parents, "what's the proof of God". They said the world couldn't come from nothing, I told them then where did God come from.

They tried to explain, God always exist, then I said so what's the proof of God created the world if the world can always exist.

My mom told me look animals, look at design, I told her for all I know they could of came together over time from smaller things.

Never read a philosophy book. Never read evolution or heard of it. And I believe evolution or Atheism was possible when I was 6.

But it was that moment, I felt a fear of God. My parents told me it's ok don't worry about you you will figure it out when you grow older. You don't have to think about it.

But I felt a fear of God, like I knew something about it but couldn't put it to words.

It was a majestic glory I remembered but none of that was faith. I didn't believe in religion as a kid. I acted it out sure. But I didn't believe it.

I realized people believed in it, but I knew I didn't it. It seemed rational if God did exist he would send guidance, but I didn't know if the last Messenger was Jesus or Mohammad or anything...and I didn't believe either.

Kids know how to act like they believe. They know how to play pretend to get a long. I wouldn't worry about them.

They will grow up and decide for themselves.

You never see kids talking religion with each other or preaching it to each other cause they don't believe in it. They just go with the flow.
(January 8, 2016 at 9:29 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I think it's a conspiracy. That school is trying to take over the world for Christianity by making the kids do T's that look like crosses. This will work on their subconscious to make them Christian whether they want to be or not.

I wouldn't put it past the bastards.
(January 8, 2016 at 9:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I wouldn't put it past the bastards.

You know, you have six crosses in your reply. Seriously, how do you think, the letter T looks like? You simply can't help it, unless you drop the latin letters. That's why I asked what his son has to say on the matter.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Quote:You know, you have six crosses in your reply.

And no fucking jesus on any of them!
Ha. Trix. Christianity.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5251 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Sister asked me to be 'God father' to her son Tomatoshadow2 60 4164 January 24, 2021 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  God can come 2nd to my son..... maestroanth 6 1384 January 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Joods
  What should I do if I'm being forced to go to a Christian School? Socratic Meth Head 51 11624 June 10, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Daughter objects to prayers at school TubbyTubby 48 7559 July 10, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Going to a Roman Catholic school and expressing my opinion. piterski123 7 3363 April 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Anyone else an atheist while going to a Christian school? KentuckySkeptic224 7 3055 October 16, 2014 at 7:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So my high school teacher is on the front page of the Huffington Post today... Mudhammam 22 5150 July 28, 2014 at 11:26 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Secularism in School Bob Kelso 24 5856 April 4, 2014 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  A new member. A Catholic school teacher. Mr. Moncrieff 105 20914 February 25, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda