Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your personal best quote you can give?
What is your personal best quote you can give?
This is a forum game type of thread, in a way. Basically your post should include a quote directly from yourself, no other person, one that you created/invented yourself. I hope this will be something along the lines of an inventive life advice quote, or saying, anything about morality, truth, logic, etc. basically make it have a deep message.

Rules are simple:
1. No retarded posts, this should be a serious thread, not looking for cheap laughs(there's plenty of other places to do that).

2. Quote has to be from you, any quote from someone else other than yourself should be removed by mods preferably.

3. Quote should include -[yourname] to credit yourself with the quote.

I'll start with expanding on something I made up two seconds ago:

Quote:Any truly strong position someone takes on a claim will not appear so, the free thinkers who think they know exactly what they believe are full of it. Any real strong position on a socially controversial topic will analyze the opposing position more than his or her own, it is the weak thinker who has trouble considering the opposing claim as having ability to be true, it is the weak thinker who enters the cellar where his thoughts dwell, and comes out thinking he knows the world is so. It is he who is ignorant, who can think he knows truth. - Heat
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: What is your personal best quote you can give?
Don't think I shall; I prefer to keep my masturbation private.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(January 12, 2016 at 6:41 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Don't think I shall; I prefer to keep my masturbation private.

Is that your best quote or meta-commentary?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 12, 2016 at 6:45 am)Alex K Wrote:
(January 12, 2016 at 6:41 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Don't think I shall; I prefer to keep my masturbation private.

Is that your best quote or meta-commentary?

Yes.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Quote:Fap. Fap. Fap.
(January 9, 2016 at 4:12 am)Heat Wrote: This is a forum game type of thread, in a way. Basically your post should include a quote directly from yourself, no other person, one that you created/invented yourself. [...]

Can I just use a post, where - instead of "inventing" anything - I describe, say, Socratic Ignorance, but in a convoluted and pretentious way? You know - like a cross between teenage girl's poetry and first year philosophy student's chat-up line?

(January 9, 2016 at 4:12 am)Heat Wrote:
Quote:Any truly strong position someone takes on a claim will not appear so, the free thinkers who think they know exactly what they believe are full of it. Any real strong position on a socially controversial topic will analyze the opposing position more than his or her own, it is the weak thinker who has trouble considering the opposing claim as having ability to be true, it is the weak thinker who enters the cellar where his thoughts dwell, and comes out thinking he knows the world is so. It is he who is ignorant, who can think he knows truth. - Heat

Oh, I can? Sweet... Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Quote:You expect me to be serious? Me? - Aoi
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I was always quite proud of this one:

(February 25, 2012 at 3:29 pm)I once Wrote: Using fiction to argue points of archaelogical history with an archaeological historian is like using a baked ham to attack a tiger. Choose your battles and your weapons more carefully, is basically what I'm advising.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Can I provide a quote form my stepdad?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(January 12, 2016 at 7:50 am)Stimbo Wrote: I was always quite proud of this one:

(February 25, 2012 at 3:29 pm)I once Wrote: Using fiction to argue points of archaelogical history with an archaeological historian is like using a baked ham to attack a tiger. Choose your battles and your weapons more carefully, is basically what I'm advising.

I don't mean to p*ss on your parade, but couldn't one poison the ham, in which case it wouldn't seem like a bad strategy?... Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I be Frank with you, you don't like tea. Brian37 17 949 November 18, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: no one
  A quote supposedly from Gustave Flaubert FlatAssembler 10 1001 January 14, 2020 at 8:22 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Frankly my music, I don't give a damn! Brian37 35 3572 July 3, 2019 at 4:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  You've seen it, you can't unsee it, and it'll change your perception of music forever Alex K 5 1250 April 23, 2017 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Share a quote. Foxaèr 8 781 October 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Best guitar playing you will ever see Napoléon 1 1027 June 27, 2014 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Who is, according to you, the best film score composer? L.A.F. 7 2566 May 1, 2013 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The best background music for a sexual encounter with your loved one. Dotard 20 12245 April 24, 2010 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  March: 50 Reasons People Give for Believing in a God. Guy P Harrison Darwinian 5 2659 February 25, 2009 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Demonaura