Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa
Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa
I recommend more atheist voters do this with all local and national politicians. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIi1r5lIQVw
RE: Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa
You have to love how after saying he lives under Christian principles he states the most obvious and universal things he can... "love your fellow man" is hardly exclusive to Christianity. It amazes me that people applaud this stuff, but that's why the politicians say it I guess.
Meandering Atheist: Several friends on a journey of romance and adventure, to talk about moderately interesting topics.
That was a nothing response. The guy had to repeat both of his questions and didn't get an answer to either.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Well, it's all that's left of the corpse of christendom as well, so there's always that.  Bunch of folks dressing up on weekends and being ritually nice to each other.   Christianity has very little do do with jesus or the bible anymore, functionally or practically.  That's what drives the fundies crazy...the notion that american christianity will turn into a C of E affair.  

Everytime I see a politician pander to a base by expressing lukewarm religious principles it makes me smile.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It was a terrifying response.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
It's sad that people like Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee would even have a chance at a nomination. They aren't just christians. They're theocrats. They run on the idea of turning the country into christian Saudi Arabia. Why is this guy even worth listening to?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'd like to see Carson put on the spot by a True Christian© regarding his whackadoodle Seventh Day Adventistism and Ellen White with her loony prophecies.

I just love it when that happens.

Tongue

Maybe Bob Van Der Plaats will step up to the plate and neuter Carson like he did Gingrich last time ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

To reiterate;

Bob Van Der Plaats held Newt Gingrich's feet to the fire regarding his open and notorious adultery and emasculated him with the following pledge:

"I pledge to uphold the institution of marriage through personal fidelity to my spouse and respect for the marital bonds of others."

I'm also surprised this hasn't come up this election cycle in regards to Trump . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 31, 2016 at 12:33 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It's sad that people like Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee would even have a chance at a nomination. They aren't just christians. They're theocrats. They run on the idea of turning the country into christian Saudi Arabia. Why is this guy even worth listening to?

I am unsure how much he differs from ANY of the republican frontrunners on this matter, even Trump, who is terrifying for a lot of other reasons.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Trump is extreme, but like the very first constitutional amendment is supposed to protect against the exact thing that some cndidates use as their platform. It's crazy. i remember a state amendment in Alabama that's supposed to protect against the spread of Sharia law or something, and I'm thinking that's what the first amendment of the danged constitution is for, you idiots! But they don't care.

There are constitutional laws against some things that rightwing warhawks do, like torture, but just being an extreme conservative in itsself is not prohibited as far as I know.

I guess I just consider theocracy worse than the other stuff because you don't have to read far into our foundational laws before you realize it shouldn't be done.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  jizkiahu ben david (I told you so..) Drich 28 3010 April 11, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats Secular Elf 6 410 July 20, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Iowa is not Chicago....... Brian37 28 1627 May 1, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Republicunt's Voter Suppression Guru Gets His Ass Kicked Minimalist 3 827 June 19, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant The Industrial Atheist 164 24164 May 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Iowa bill for bible class in public school brewer 20 3168 January 27, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The WLB Hitting The Skids In Iowa, Too. Minimalist 11 1038 December 15, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  4 Arrested In FB Video Torturing Of A Mentally Challenged Man Napoléon 394 42569 January 28, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Iowa Caucus and all the Repubs are preechurs drfuzzy 8 1721 February 4, 2016 at 9:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ben Stein Opines. The Grand Nudger 5 1135 November 19, 2015 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd