Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity-the most exaggerative religion?
Christianity-the most exaggerative religion?
Well think about it, for a thousand years Christianity prevented any study of the real world until the church decided to allow people do that. (Yes, they pretty much killed, exiled, jailed anyone doing any study going against Christianity or against the Bible) From about the beginning of Christianity, until the mid 1st millennium (supposed death of Christ until 1400s) no major advancement in knowledge of the real world has happened because of Christianity. But not only that, but when the Europeans first set foot onto the land, they FORCED the Natives to be converted to a form of Christianity, namely Fundamentalist or Protestant. Even the slaves taken from Africa were immediately converted, and just about others that came in aswell. They even attempt to "save" everyone from eternal hell because they think that following God will save humanity, even though that means that God will send 70+% of the entire human population to Hell according to the Christians. And the exaggeration doesn't stop there, they even try to prove their religion the most real of all religions, like for example, the Creationist movement. They are attempting to prove that there had to have been an intelligence (God) involved to make us as humanity. If you go out in the world, you don't see people trying to prove Buddhism, Hinduism, Islamic, etc as like Christianity is trying to do. What do you all think about this? Is Christianity the most exaggerative religion of all?
RE: Christianity-the most exaggerative religion?
This isn't exaggeration is it? It's simply lies!! Just think, we could have been exploring the Galaxy by now if it hadn't been for the suffocation of free thought and enquiry :S
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(July 11, 2010 at 8:34 am)Darwinian Wrote: This isn't exaggeration is it? It's simply lies!! Just think, we could have been exploring the Galaxy by now if it hadn't been for the suffocation of free thought and enquiry :S

Well, it sort of is exaggeration, because they literally prefer having a religion be taking over peoples' lives than exploring. Plus, no other religion wants to prove themselves right like Christianity wants to.

And yeah, it is also a bunch of lies.
Christianity doesn't seek to prove itself right. What you're stating is an exaggeration, no it's an outright misconception Tongue
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(July 14, 2010 at 4:46 am)tackattack Wrote: Christianity doesn't seek to prove itself right. What you're stating is an exaggeration, no it's an outright misconception Tongue

How is that tacky?? Confused Fall

The facts speak for them selves and the result is not a good indictment for xtianity...Angel Cloud
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(July 14, 2010 at 4:46 am)tackattack Wrote: Christianity doesn't seek to prove itself right. What you're stating is an exaggeration, no it's an outright misconception Tongue

Of course it does try to prove itself. Have you heard of the Creationist movement? Big Grin
This is slightly irrelevant, but I went to a friends to pick them up from their apartment building. Every door in the whole complex had a holy bible sitting in front of the door in plastic wrap, just like how they hand out phone books... So they sure want to spread the word of Christianity. That seems awfully desperate to me.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
(July 14, 2010 at 5:30 pm)paintpooper Wrote: This is slightly irrelevant, but I went to a friends to pick them up from their apartment building. Every door in the whole complex had a holy bible sitting in front of the door in plastic wrap, just like how they hand out phone books... So they sure want to spread the word of Christianity. That seems awfully desperate to me.

Some even knock on my door to tell me that "armaggeddon is soon" or "the antichrist could be at large, we need your faith in Jesus Christ" and those two things were recent too. They take their religion too literally to the point where they want to involve everyone on Earth.
@KN- What facts are you speaking of that are so self-evident? You'll have to be a little more specific because I don't share the same life experiences you have had.

@superstarr and paintpooper- Spreading a message and proving something are 2 seperate things. There are lots of better ways to teach people about God then cramming hellfire, brimstone, armageddon and "God hates fags" (No offence meant to anyone) down an unwilling throat. While one of the fundamental doctrines of the majority of the Christians sects is the great commission, the methods of going about it vary widely (especially in the south of the US), and it's human nature (not Christianity itself) that lends itself to more forcefull proselytize, rather then just a simple sharing of ideas. My point was in pointing out the difference between sharing ideas and proving a point and the difference between some Christians and all Christians.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
OK, I understand the sharing ideas part of people telling about armaggedon, but really why would they want to do that? What is their purpose? It's like those people are wanting to recruit forces or something. The thing is, that they want the spread of word in any means possible to be prepared for those events even though they won't happen. Unless they make it happen, which they'll probably do. And notice that I never mentioned all christians. There are some that are like "ehh" or really don't care like others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Christianity a Pacifistic Religion? vulcanlogician 54 4151 September 20, 2018 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Catholicism would actually be the most likely controlled Christianity Rolandson 10 1964 January 1, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Redoubtable
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6773 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Does Calvinism make the most sense as far as Christianity Goes? The Batlord 63 16820 August 16, 2015 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  At its Core, Christianity is a Gay Religion Rhondazvous 34 6628 July 6, 2015 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Metis
  is Christianity the true religion? k2490 19 3759 January 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8493 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18297 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  I mostly believed Christianity briefly recently... you know what hurt the most? hoppimike 59 26611 June 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  My thoughts on Religion: Christianity Mr Camel 27 10722 November 11, 2009 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Mr Camel