Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That magical time of year again...
My cashier at the grocery store just wished me a "happy resurrection day". What the fuck? How unbelievably rude and pompous. It just amazes me how some Christians can be so damn sensitive about their own personal beliefs, but they have no problem shoving them down the throats of strangers with a complete disregard for (and frankly, apathy toward) those people's personal beliefs. Or lack of beliefs. Keep your Jesus in your fucking pants!

...sorry, I'm having a day. [emoji36][emoji53]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: That magical time of year again...
(March 24, 2016 at 3:29 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: My cashier at the grocery store just wished me a "happy resurrection day".  What the fuck?  How unbelievably rude and pompous.  It just amazes me how some Christians can be so damn sensitive about their own personal beliefs, but they have no problem shoving them down the throats of strangers with a complete disregard for (and frankly, apathy toward) those people's personal beliefs.  Or lack of beliefs.  Keep your Jesus in your fucking pants!

...sorry, I'm having a day.  [emoji36][emoji53]

The bank teller wished me a Happy Christmas once, so I leaned over and slammed my fist into her face repeatedly.

No, not really.
You're not an ugly person; you're a beautiful monkey.

[Image: j4lUNQQ.png]
(March 24, 2016 at 3:31 pm)The Atheist Wrote:
(March 24, 2016 at 3:29 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: My cashier at the grocery store just wished me a "happy resurrection day".  What the fuck?  How unbelievably rude and pompous.  It just amazes me how some Christians can be so damn sensitive about their own personal beliefs, but they have no problem shoving them down the throats of strangers with a complete disregard for (and frankly, apathy toward) those people's personal beliefs.  Or lack of beliefs.  Keep your Jesus in your fucking pants!

The bank teller wished me a Happy Christmas once, so I leaned over and slammed my fist into her face repeatedly.

No, not really.

LOL, only in all of our wildest dreams! [emoji12]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I get it all the time. Christians here believe that everyone in our community is a christian. They are not rude or pompous, just ignorant. Correcting them is like kicking a dog. They either don't understand what they did wrong (the blank look), pull back in horror or get angry.

My typical response is no or atheist and walk away.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It can be funny how we think only after the fact of how we could have humorously responded.

I would have said, "Oh, is it the zombie apocalypse already?"
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

My, what is this world coming to?

(March 18, 2016 at 10:58 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why would I need the character of Jesus to teach my child about loving fellow man?

Thinking

Seems he's not going to learn from YOUR example.
(March 24, 2016 at 6:30 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Seems he's not going to learn from YOUR example.

The only thing he'll learn from your example is how to be self-righteous and inhuman.
~ Erin Hunter
Please tell me more about my inhumanity.
I think you phrased that incorrectly. In fact, I know it.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A prediction for the new year zebo-the-fat 14 1566 December 20, 2018 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27683 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up! Jehanne 21 4926 October 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13853 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 10763 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Mormon Church Admits Smith Married 14 year old JesusHChrist 15 4116 September 16, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Why Don't Christians Have A Jubilee Year Like In The Bible Nope 18 7643 December 19, 2014 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Drich
  JC wasn't crucified, says 1500-year-old bible Cyberman 87 34783 May 16, 2014 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  Pastor "tries on" atheism for a year, is promptly fired by his Christian employers. Esquilax 47 14819 January 7, 2014 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  It's that time of year again Drich 11 3295 December 22, 2013 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Cinjin