Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up!
The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up!
If a miracle truly happened a century ago in the skies above Portugal, why not again?  Of course, when nothing happens here in 2 weeks, those Fatima believers will simply say that such was "God's will".

I am waiting to be convinced, though!
RE: The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up!
A solar phenomenon is compatible with a miracle?

Quote:There has been much analysis of the event from critical sociological and scientific perspectives. According to critics, the eyewitness testimony was actually a collection of inconsistent and contradictory accounts. Proposed alternate explanations include witnesses being deceived by their senses due to prolonged staring at the sun and then seeing something unusual as they had expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 27, 2017 at 5:31 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: A solar phenomenon is compatible with a miracle?

Quote:There has been much analysis of the event from critical sociological and scientific perspectives. According to critics, the eyewitness testimony was actually a collection of inconsistent and contradictory accounts. Proposed alternate explanations include witnesses being deceived by their senses due to prolonged staring at the sun and then seeing something unusual as they had expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

Oh, I agree 100%, and yet, some will persist in "believing" no matter what.  And, if once, why not twice?  That's my question here.
Wait.  I thought the world was going to end?

It's so hard to keep up with all these religious shitwits roaming around loose.
We're also coming up on 100 years since the Spanish 'flu pandemic, too.

It killed 2-3% of the world's population.

Guess which event I accept happened?
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 27, 2017 at 6:00 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: We're also coming up on 100 years since the Spanish 'flu pandemic, too.

It killed 2-3% of the world's population.

Guess which event I accept happened?

Guess which event I expect to see repeated eventually?

Different strain, but same outcome.
(September 27, 2017 at 6:26 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: Guess which event I expect to see repeated eventually?

Especially if idiotic anti-vaxxers have their way.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 27, 2017 at 6:27 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(September 27, 2017 at 6:26 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: Guess which event I expect to see repeated eventually?

Especially if idiotic anti-vaxxers have their way.

We've actually been pretty lucky.  Any serious outbreaks have been mostly contained by strict quarantine procedures and we've been pretty pro-active combatting diseases we know about.

Of course, no screen is 100% and we will see something spread at some stage down the line.
Dying to live, living to die.
Ace thread. Fucking brilliant idea.
Neo, Steve, Huggy and the usual suspects in 3.2.1...

(September 27, 2017 at 6:35 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(September 27, 2017 at 6:27 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Especially if idiotic anti-vaxxers have their way.

We've actually been pretty lucky.  Any serious outbreaks have been mostly contained by strict quarantine procedures and we've been pretty pro-active combatting diseases we know about.

Of course, no screen is 100% and we will see something spread at some stage down the line.

Absolutely. It seems that every hundred years or thereabouts nature throws us a curved ball, the Spanish flu being the last big one and the next one is due.
"OMGFG thousands will die" the papers can't wait to scream. No dears, millions, probably many millions will die. Well so fucking what? This is nature doing nature shit, deal with it.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
How have we not seen some opportunistic theistic cunt try to bullshit about their kids experiencing a similar miraculous prophecy about some vague shit that'll happen on the 100th year anniversary? I mean, they'd know a significant number of people would believe them no matter what!
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to 100% remove myself from Catholicism FormerCatholic 32 2424 September 8, 2022 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Dozens of Nigerians freed from church awaiting 'Second Coming' in Ondo zebo-the-fat 2 572 July 3, 2022 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3756 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1650 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jesus' Second Coming Foxaèr 23 2497 June 16, 2020 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A prediction for the new year zebo-the-fat 14 1577 December 20, 2018 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The death of the Sun and Jesus' Second Coming. Jehanne 13 1762 October 30, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6167 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The undeniable miracle at Fatima pabsta 582 154792 August 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13879 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive