Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proseltyzing state trooper sued for preaching during traffic stop... again
Proseltyzing state trooper sued for preaching during traffic stop... again
State Trooper sued again for preaching during traffic stop

Quote:INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana State Police Trooper Brian Hamilton was warned before: Stop proselytizing to people during traffic stops.
But a new lawsuit claims the trooper — who was sued once before for preaching on the job — didn’t learn his lesson the first time.
A complaint filed in federal court Wednesday by the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana, on behalf of Wendy Pyle, accuses Hamilton of asking her whether “she had been saved” after pulling her over in Fayette County in January. Court documents claim Hamilton then told the woman about his church and gave her directions to it.
“Ms. Pyle was extremely uncomfortable with these questions,” the lawsuit says. “In order to hopefully end these inquiries Ms. Pyle indicated that she did attend a church and that she was saved.”

How this douchebag even still has a job is beyond me, unless his higher-ups secretly approve of his behavior.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Proseltyzing state trooper sued for preaching during traffic stop... again
I'll follow this with interest.

No doubt supporters will claim he's being discriminated against...
Dying to live, living to die.
Weird he believes his God would have power/attraction/effectiveness to an individual in a vehicle made of IRON.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Nowadays they are mainly made of fiberglass.  Ever notice that fiberglass is not mentioned in the fucking bible.

Nor rayon.

Nor dacron.

Nor aluminum.

Nor uranium.

Nor computers.

Nor tomatoes.

Nor bison.

Nor kangaroos.

etc., etc.

Funny that an all-powerful god could be locked into ancient technology isn't it?
(April 7, 2016 at 5:47 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: State Trooper sued again for preaching during traffic stop

Quote:INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana State Police Trooper Brian Hamilton was warned before: Stop proselytizing to people during traffic stops.
But a new lawsuit claims the trooper — who was sued once before for preaching on the job — didn’t learn his lesson the first time.
A complaint filed in federal court Wednesday by the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana, on behalf of Wendy Pyle, accuses Hamilton of asking her whether “she had been saved” after pulling her over in Fayette County in January. Court documents claim Hamilton then told the woman about his church and gave her directions to it.
“Ms. Pyle was extremely uncomfortable with these questions,” the lawsuit says. “In order to hopefully end these inquiries Ms. Pyle indicated that she did attend a church and that she was saved.”

How this douchebag even still has a job is beyond me, unless his higher-ups secretly approve of his behavior.
It's Indiana!!!  It's a suburb of hell.
(April 7, 2016 at 7:04 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I'll follow this with interest.

No doubt supporters will claim he's being discriminated against...

Rest easy.  He got kicked to the curb (at least for a day or two).

"Indiana State Police trooper fired for preaching faith during traffic stops"
http://fox59.com/2016/04/07/indiana-stat...fic-stops/

"INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (April 7, 2016)– Indiana State Police terminated a trooper Thursday after a second complaint in 18 months that he was preaching to citizens after stopping them for traffic violations.

State police say this was in direct violation of an August 2014 counseling statement where Senior Trooper Brian L. Hamilton, 40, was told in writing, “During the course of his official duties, S/Trp. Hamilton will not question others regarding their religious beliefs nor provide religious pamphlets or similar advertisements.”"
Indiana State Police trooper fired for preaching faith during traffic stops

The link has his ugly mug.
I'm sure he'll get a job as a patrol officer at some podunk county sheriff's office or small town. Of course, that's after a bunch of Christians go online and complain about how "a state trooper got fired just for being Christian. It's more Christian persecution!"
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(April 8, 2016 at 8:50 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I'm sure he'll get a job as a patrol officer at some podunk county sheriff's office or small town.  Of course, that's after a bunch of Christians go online and complain about how "a state trooper got fired just for being Christian.  It's more Christian persecution!"

Suppose the folks that make Chick Tracts will make a Chick Tract about getting fired for handing out Chick Tracts ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

"Excuse me ma'am, are you personal friends with The Flying Spaghetti Monster? I know this may not seem relevant, but hear me out..."

Fucking madness. Sort it out, people.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 7, 2016 at 5:47 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: State Trooper sued again for preaching during traffic stop

Seems he's been fired. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California about to be the first state to administer reparations!s Huggy Bear 77 3672 April 3, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 879 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3328 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 2916 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pope sued Foxaèr 12 790 November 29, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Church forcing State involvement? onlinebiker 34 1912 April 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2361 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  State Of The Nonsense Brian37 49 4409 February 9, 2019 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1213 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Should Puerto Rico be made a state? Why or why not? Angrboda 36 2812 September 24, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU