Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 8:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day!
I just wanted to pop in and wish all the moms a Happy Mother's Day today.

It's bittersweet for me, as I have my youngest with me, but my oldest, is once again, denied the opportunity to spend the day with me. I will, however make the best of it today with the one I do have here and try to focus on the positive today.

Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Happy Mother's Day!
Echoed, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Still haven't gotten used to Mother's Day coming so late. In the UK, it's usually in March. No matter: Good on yer, mums everywhere!!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"Ma. What do you want for Mother's Day?"

*Sigh*"I guess it'd be too much to ask you to come to church with me."

"Yep, it would. How about I take you to lunch?"

(Shrug)

"How about I take you to lunch and give you some money?"

"Whatever...Fine."

Worship Well-played, Thena Sr.!
Happy Mothers Day all you American style mothers!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Happy Mother's Day. I'm cranky. Glad I'm not your son.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
My mom got up early and was busy doing something in the kitchen. I was fast asleep. When I got up mom had made this and put this on the table:

[Image: DSC_0971.jpg]

I am so lucky to have a mom that loves me more than she loves herself. I hugged her tight, kissed her on the cheek and said "I love you". Motherhood is the most beautiful thing in the world, Lots of respect and many many love for all the beautiful mom's in the world that light up many children's life. We love you. :')
Yep, Happy Moms Day.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
When my oldest calls from school I'm going to ask if he called because he needs money, in a completely innocent tone...just to mess with him.
I hate to sound like so many mother's but would it KILL him to call home from time to time? Disappointed
Well my other half made me breakfast in bed and cleaned up the kitchen. I have done two loads of laundry, mopped the kitchen floor, rescued seven cat toys from under the stove and took out trash. I'm tired now.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Happy Thansgiving Day thread! Jehanne 10 711 November 24, 2022 at 1:53 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Happy Veterans Day... arewethereyet 28 1669 November 14, 2022 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Happy Father's Day!! Jehanne 24 1506 June 22, 2022 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Mother's Day. arewethereyet 7 524 May 9, 2022 at 4:45 am
Last Post: anlogue
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 421 May 5, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Dyngus Day onlinebiker 5 352 April 18, 2022 at 8:02 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Pope Francis to channel the dead mother of Jesus. Jehanne 3 260 March 22, 2022 at 4:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Fine - I'll do it - Happy Whatever You Celebrate Eve/Day arewethereyet 20 1116 December 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Happy RUSH day! no one 15 1189 December 23, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 818 May 4, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Duty