Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Someone please tell me it's going to be Okay
Someone please tell me it's going to be Okay
I'm really concerned that Trump might actually pull this off. Me and my parents were discussing last night of how much dammage he would do to the United States and how it's sad he's brought out a lot of the racists and bigots
RE: Someone please tell me it's going to be Okay
I would like to tell you it's going be ok, but I can not. Trump will be a menace who will destroy whats left of US, has far the racists are concerned; they have always been there, all they were waiting for is a platform to run their mouths. If it happens, you better start being scared of white people.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

It can be okay, but not in the way that most hope. Trump and Clinton are only symptoms of a system failure long past the point where it can be repaired. Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, left wing or right wing, anything any of them claim about America's future is tantamount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. They are all locked into a progress makes profits, endless exponential growth is possible, fantasy. When that fantasy finally dies and humanity looks for a new way to order politics / economics / and societies, then it might be okay.
No way in hell does Trump get elected. He has supporters that have completely turned off their critical thinking and are "locked in" on him. These people are immune to reason and will support him no matter what - but we're talking maybe 60% of registered Republicans - a small portion of the general electorate. Most voters will be swayed by the crushing attacks which will be directed his way. I have complete confidence that Hillary will win by a comfortable margin.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I have no confidence in the 'murrican electorate.  The fuckers elected Dubya.
(June 6, 2016 at 10:29 pm)GoHalos1993 Wrote: I'm really concerned that Trump might actually pull this off. Me and my parents were discussing last night of how much dammage he would do to the United States and how it's sad he's brought out a lot of the racists and bigots

I've thought about the same things too and what would happen if Grump wins. I don't think Dirty Don the Con will win but if (and that's a big if) he does win, it will be ok. I'm not fearful.

What other earth-shifting events have happened to the US? We've had presidents assassinated (by other Americans), a Civil War, bombed in World War II, planes flown into lower Manhattan, police shooting to kill at college students (Kent State), nuclear weapons parked close by and ready to go (Cuban missile crisis)...what else have I forgotten?
A president Grump would be reined in by Congress and the judiciary - I truly believe Grump doesn't understand this and he thinks he will simply be the king of everything if he wins.

Fear makes people do and say crazy things. So don't be afraid.
(June 6, 2016 at 11:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have no confidence in the American electorate.  The fuckers elected Dubya.

Barely - against an uncharismatic candidate and only then largely thanks to a poorly-designed ballot in Palm Beach County where thousands of Gore voters mistakenly voted for Pat Buchanan.

W was/is a fucking idiot but he had dignity at least. Trump is a profane, circus clown. He has so many skeletons in his closet, the only challenge is in deciding what to attack him on first.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Quote:Barely - against an uncharismatic candidate

Drumpf has far more charisma than Clinton.  It's all he has but, as you say, it might be enough.
It's going to be ok.
It's not going to be okay.

Your country's fucked either way.

Jk.

It probably won't change much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1026 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 11473 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 977 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 354 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1087 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4579 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5258 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 4155 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Someone Explain This 'Shutdown' to Me? Jade-Green Stone 62 5482 January 22, 2019 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3070 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist