Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual reality girlfriend
Virtual reality girlfriend
What do you think about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi1iVW32Dx0

Good, bad? Depends?
RE: Virtual reality girlfriend
Seems pretty unhealthy to me. You're substituting people for something on a computer screen. In doing so you are discouraged from going out and building real relationships with real people. Furthermore, someone who becomes really involved in this may establish some unrealistic expectations for any future girlfriend they may have. The "girl" on the computer is always there specifically and only for you, and always perfect, and never needs anything from you, and never fights with or argues with or challenges you. Real girls have lives and needs and personalities of their own.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Also she seems pretty young... like high school age. How creepy would it be for a grown man to be using this?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
It's a little sad.
Do they have a version in which the female is a nerdy, introverted bookworm who likes to talk about the differences between Celine and Dostoevsky?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

There is another one with a blonde girl. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIl2-5f8NTo

I think this one is a lot better than the japanese one.
Unless she can ruin the dinner you've paid for by talking incessantly about her cat, her ex-boyfriend, and what a shit her father was, she isn't much of a 'girlfriend'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Depends.  Wouldn't float my boat until they figure out how to get her to throw a mean right hook in heels.  If it brings someone else happiness, they should go for it.  We could all use as much of that as we can get wherever we can find it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 15, 2016 at 11:57 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Unless she can ruin the dinner you've paid for by talking incessantly about her cat, her ex-boyfriend, and what a shit her father was, she isn't much of a 'girlfriend'.

Boru

Hey!

Cats are awesome >:c
(October 15, 2016 at 11:20 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Also she seems pretty young... like high school age. How creepy would it be for a grown man to be using this?

Ask Drumpf....he's probably their best customer.

Although I do agree with your earlier point about how creepy it is.  Just get a blow up doll, guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steve Martin Comedy vs. Religious Reality AFTT47 1 445 February 9, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Succubus
Video My new video: abstract systems versus reality robvalue 2 558 January 15, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Yet another reality question! RozKek 41 3802 June 9, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: emjay
  Virtual reality and the future RozKek 14 1945 June 6, 2016 at 6:32 am
Last Post: RozKek
  The best way to dump your cheating girlfriend Napoléon 219 22900 December 1, 2015 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Atheist with a Muslim girlfriend ponhei9502 19 2986 October 11, 2015 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Sad Reality :( Heat 23 4643 September 16, 2015 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Some thoughts about my girlfriend's sexual past pauloroberts 265 25799 May 21, 2015 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  The reality of growing up. dyresand 8 1673 March 4, 2015 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Avoiding indoctrination while still going to church with my Girlfriend? IanHulett 23 3114 January 18, 2015 at 6:22 am
Last Post: robvalue