Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep calm and...
Shocked 
Keep calm and...
Breathe.

So, my wife's pregnancy is exceeding its time and we came to the hospital for her to induce labor. The little bugger just doesn't want to come out. I have to stay outside until labor starts or visiting hours. I am calm...

RE: Keep calm and...
How exciting.
May as well get some sleep. This'll be your last opportunity for about a year. :-)
She is having contractions, still mild. This might take a while.
Is this your first?

I didn't like being the by stander. Felt helpless. What can I do, what can I get, what do you want, what do you need, ................ Finally it pissed her off and I got sent to the corner.

Best wishes.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yep, first one. Also yes, feeling powerless.
Hang in there LP *hugs* Smile
Keep calm and...
(August 7, 2016 at 4:29 am)LastPoet Wrote: Breathe.

So, my wife's pregnancy is exceeding its time and we came to the hospital for her to induce labor. The little bugger just doesn't want to come out. I have to stay outside until labor starts or visiting hours. I am calm...

Why are they making you stay outside?! That's crap; you're the father!!! I have never heard of such a thing. My husband was in the room with me the ENTIRE time.

Try to relax though, LP. I'm sure everything is going to be just fine. [emoji846] Your wife made such a nice, comfy home for the little guy in there he just doesn't want to leave! [emoji7]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 7, 2016 at 9:06 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(August 7, 2016 at 4:29 am)LastPoet Wrote: Breathe.

Why are they making you stay outside?!  That's crap; you're the father!!!  I have never heard of such a thing.  My husband was in the room with me the ENTIRE time.

Try to relax though, LP.  I'm sure everything is going to be just fine.  [emoji846]   Your wife made such a nice, comfy home for the little guy in there he just doesn't want to leave!  [emoji7]

She hasnt bursted her waters yet. Just in to induce labor. When it starts I will be able to stay with her. Right now only during visiting hours.
I guess you'll only be the Penultimate Poet pretty soon? Tongue

Relax, enjoy the last stretch of time where you'll get to sleep
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Oooh congrats LP!

Ready for some LP2!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help keep the forum up and running. arewethereyet 3 603 December 31, 2020 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1639 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 3413 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman. Brian37 20 5228 January 5, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Can Two People Keep a Secret? Rhondazvous 41 4193 October 21, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Moral of the story, keep it on a line. brewer 11 1939 June 29, 2017 at 5:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why do I keep having an intense craving for orange juice? Edwardo Piet 25 27267 February 9, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are you as calm as me? Expired 42 5656 August 27, 2016 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why I keep debating.......... Brian37 10 1562 January 20, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I can't keep this up anymore <3 PiousPaladin 67 6042 June 29, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Napoléon