Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Origin of Allah(Al-illah)
Origin of Allah(Al-illah)
Islam is one of the most popular monotheistic religion in the world. Yet it's god was not allways single.
I mentioned this before, but I believe it deserves a thread.
Allah once had three daugthers, Al-lat,Al-uzzat-Al-Manat.
In the british museum, section B (babylon) there are some statues praying to one statue, al-illah. He represents the moon and his daugthers represents three stars.

This, my friends, is the one of al-illah's daugthers praying to the god of moon. As you can see, it looks like a muslim prayer.But actually, it prays for the moon god, Al-illah.
[Image: islam-hazor1.gif]

And here, you can see a man symbolizes al-illah and the famous islamic sybol, the moon.
[Image: islam-babylonian-moon.gif]

And here, Allah and his family.
[Image: islam-babylonian-2100bc-nannar.jpg]
Salman Rushdie, British-Indian novelist, has a book named "The satanic verses". In this book he mentions al-illah's three doughthers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses
In satanic verses, Muhammed speaks highly of these three goddess. It was an attempt to recognize Allah's daugthers which is failed becouse, his own followers disturbed(I mean really disturbed) by Muhammed's words.
Then, these verses came from the heaven as a hotfix of microsoft;
Quote:"And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise." Al Haj 52
"[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension." Al Haj 53
"And so those who were given knowledge may know that it is the truth from your Lord and [therefore] believe in it, and their hearts humbly submit to it. And indeed is Allah the Guide of those who have believed to a straight path." Al Haj 54
Although the origin of allah was a pagan god, Muhammed's "Allah" was very different from it's origin. But why Muhammed used this god? Couldn't he imagine a new name? Well, his purpouse was to gather allies from the pagans easier. Becouse Al illah was the most respectful god among arab tribes. But don't let this fool you. Today there are merely fragments of this pagan rituals. Becouse Muhammed's main source was the old testament. In fact he usually ruled and made desicions by referring this book during his time. He didn't recognize jesus as son of the god but a prophet just like himself or Moses. I will mention this on another thread which I intend to open later "Similarities between Islam and Christianity."
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
RE: Origin of Allah(Al-illah)
(August 25, 2010 at 3:04 am)annatar Wrote: I will mention this on another thread which I intend to open later "Similarities between Islam and Christianity."

I look forward to this discussion. My experiences so far in reading the Koran is a sense of deja vu. Muslim apologists that I've exchanged posts with on YouTube sound nearly identical to their Christian counterparts, using the same faulty reasoning and strikingly similar canned answers. Christians who claim that Muslims worship a different god, as you've already said to Godschild, clearly know nothing of Islam.

It seems to me that Muhammad did to Jesus exactly what the followers of Jesus did to John the Baptist. When incorporating a religion, it's usually most effective to adopt their iconic figures and make them servants to yours. The early Christians were rivals of the Mandaens, followers of JtB. The Gospel of Mark appears to try to co opt them by making JtB submit to Jesus. Subsequent Gospels see John kneeling lower and lower, taking a less significant role until the Gospel of John glosses over his role completely. JtB never baptizes Jesus in the Gospel of John! He only recognizes Jesus as the Messiah.

Same thing was done to Paul in the Book of Acts. Paul was the primary prophet for the Marcionite Christians and he noticeably takes a passive, submissive role in Acts (in contrast to his willful and prideful nature in his epistles).

Muhammad seemed to learn well from these examples. If you can't annihilate, assimilate.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
The differences between Allah of Islam and the mainstream Xtian God are so numerous it's difficult to see how anyone could say they are even related.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/god.htm

IMO The Quran's depiction of Allah as a god is logically inconsistent if it shared any attributes with God.

(August 25, 2010 at 6:51 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: The differences between Allah of Islam and the mainstream Xtian God are so numerous it's difficult to see how anyone could say they are even related.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/god.htm

IMO The Quran's depiction of Allah as a god is logically inconsistent if it shared any attributes with God.

They are pictured as the same god, stop being grumpy about it
Frodo, You have to understand this first both are fiction none of them can possibly exist and both have several contradictions. think this as a book series each book written by different authorsSmile
And your website is not an objective reading material I believe. If you have free time I suggest read the quran and then decide whether it's similar or not.. You will see that how familiar it is to you. I f you don't have time tell me what is your definition of your god? What distinguishes him form other gods? Make me a list if you want. Then I will tell you how your god and allah is similar. From our previous discussions I remember you said feature of forgiving makes your god best. But I have to tell you that allah is forgiving too. in fact almost every verse ends with "allah is forgiving and wise." What allah doesn't forgive? Same as your god "disbelief." if you dont believe in him and die such you will go to hell But other than that everything will be forgiven. How is that different from your god's concept of forgiving?
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
There are three world religions,known collectively as the 'Abrahamic Religions" .Viz Judaism,Christianity and Islam. They each worship the same one God;YHWH, whom the Muslims call 'Allah'.

Christians accept YHWH (Yahweh/Jehovah) as the creator and accept the Torah as the word of God. Muslims revere the prophets (including Jesus) and much of the Qur'an was lifted from the Torah.

The original belief systems become moot and irrelevant: Diverse sets of woo were replaced by another set of woo modified to reflect the needs and nature of the cultures concerned.

Religions always reflect the people and cultures which use them. The beliefs and holy books of the Abrahamic Faiths are so contradictory,that every believer has to cherry pick to come up with an emphasis. Christianity accommodates MotherTheresa and Fred Phelps,with with most believers less extreme in either direction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: In religion, Abrahamic religion is the designation used for monotheistic faiths emphasizing and tracing their common origin to Abraham.[1] Judaism regards itself as the religion of the descendants of Jacob, grandson of Abraham, the direct descendant of Shem, the favoured son of Noah, who founded the human race following the Flood. Christianity began as a sect of Judaism in the 1st century AD and rapidly evolved into a separate religion with distinctive beliefs and practices, notably its replacement of the Jewish idea of an exclusive ethnic religious community with an inclusive, universal community, the Christian Church. Islam was founded by Muhammad in the 7th century CE upon the teachings in the Quran, which draws on Judaism, Christianity and native Arab traditions; its distinctive innovation was to retain the universalism of Christianity while replacing its complex concepts of the nature of God─a deity who is simultaneously one and three─with a clear monotheism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

(August 25, 2010 at 9:03 pm)annatar Wrote:

That website sets out very clearly the problems that Allah puts forward when compared to God. The best I've seen to date. Just read the headings if you want a very clear picture. Of course the two are similar, but one is God and the other just doesn't add up.

Gen 1:26 Let us make man in our image - hmm - one God but many

The vast majority of religions deal with forgiveness through sacrifice, I didn't say otherwise. What I said is that the God of mainstream Christianity is the evolutionary ultimate step having God doing the sacrifice. In Islam it's still down to the person to earn their way to God. Islam is Abrahamic in source but unlike Christianity, is internally inconsistent.

Quote:unlike Christianity, is internally inconsistent.
That is a really hypocrite statement. Since you have tons of inconsistency in your books. I am not defending islam and actually you are right, your god is different from allah. But your god also different from the god of pope or early christians or ecclesiastical court of middle age. You accept evolution as a fact(since its in your signature) but many christians takes evolution as blasphemy. And the scriptures clearly contradicts with evolution. Essentially you are not a christian and your god is not the same as christian god. you have your own belief system which is really different from christianity. Just like muhammed your god has different features but the source is same.

Gandalf The Gray.
Difference is I suppose anna I don't think there are inconsistencies. I've looked very hard and continue to look, trying to see the POV the best I can. All I see is contention, yes, proof, no. It's the same as people (atheists here for eg) saying that their are inconsistencies with my world view - that's a subjective opinion on their part, equally nonsensical to me. No hard feelings bud Wink

Good to hear you agree that Allah and God are different. I disagree that my God is different to the God of the pope. I consider Catholics to be mainstream Christian and to hold the same beliefs. That goes for creationist nutjobs of several brands too - unfortunately I share belief with them. Scripture doesn't contradict evolution. The poetry of Genesis isn't historical fact. The pope even made a statement to that effect in 1996: http://www.cuttingedge.org/n1034.html

I m actually a mainstream Christian as any other mainstream Christian here will tell you. I have no personal beliefs that conflict with that, and have expressed none here.
Quote:I m actually a mainstream Christian as any other mainstream Christian here will tell you. I have no personal beliefs that conflict with that, and have expressed none here.
You are telling that stories from bible are not literal, genesis is just a poem But original christians disagre.They believed it's the story of real creation since the begining of christianity.
Even today you are in the minority who accept evolution among christians. Most of the christians doesn't accept evolution. and that "nutjobs" holds the belief of original christianity.
You are sayin bible is not literal and they misunderstood it. Muhammed says some parts of bible is changed and they misunderstood it.They dont have a proof, you dont have a proof. I can't see any difference. So how do you consider your god same as "Original" christian god but allah is not? Allah is same with christian&judaism's god becouse it claims to be.(and believe me they are really really similar beliefs nearly every story in bible is in quran) its just that simple.

Gandalf The Gray.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian convenience store owner charged over 'Allah socks' zebo-the-fat 7 278 March 30, 2024 at 9:26 am
Last Post: viocjit
  [Serious] Killing Allah by one topic Eclectic 16 1760 December 11, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? ReptilianPeon 246 30902 March 23, 2022 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow Allah is ENERGY Mahdi Ibrahim 232 15657 March 8, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: DarthFritz82
  Allah's punishment for atheist & non believers yragnitup 62 12766 June 11, 2018 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Allah's Anatomy & Emotions yragnitup 20 3256 June 6, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5389 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Star and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah. WinterHold 0 581 December 8, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5110 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Again, allah seems to need a lot of help Minimalist 6 1946 June 11, 2017 at 10:46 am
Last Post: chimp3